“Good food; lots of menu options!”
Review of Crepe Vine

Crepe Vine
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Mountain View
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I love crepes, so I was looking forward to eating here. I had a class nearby, so I ate here 3 times within a month. The 1st and 3rd times, I had the Tuscany crepes, which lists that it contains a chicken breast with mushrooms, tomatoes, roasted almonds, provolone, feta, and pesto -- mostly I could taste/see chicken, tomato sauce, a lot of garlic, and pesto. It did come with an organic side salad, and either potatoes or fries, so it was a very filling meal, and leaves you quite satisfied, even if smelling like garlic. The 2nd time here, I tried what they call the "Midnight Blues" crepe, which normally has bananas & blueberries, but I asked if I could have strawberries in place of the blueberries, along with the rum sauce. It also comes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. I’ve had better fruit crepes elsewhere, but they were decent.

After going 3 times within a month, I obviously enjoyed my meals, but I wouldn’t say I’d ever crave these crepes, as I have at other establishments. It’s a decent restaurant choice for most, as there is a wide variety of choices on the menu, incuding many salad options, and it’s decent food, at a reasonable price. Just not necessarily a place I’ll rush back to, but I also wouldn’t hesitate to go there, if someone chose that restaurant.

You pay at the register when you order, and, if paying by credit card, you are automatically forced to put your tip in then, which I feel should be paid at the end of your meal, as it is based upon service. The service has been good when I've been there, although, I've actually gone to check where my meal was two of the three times, as the person I was eating with got their meal much before me. We were there when it wasn't too busy (around 5:15 on Wed. evenings); I don't know how the service is during busier times.

Overall, a nice restaurant.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Have eaten here frequently for delicious crepes. My favorite is the Tuscany, filled with diced chicken, almonds, tomatoes, feta, and pesto. The huge portion comes with either fries or home fried potatoes(my fav), and a green salad with balsamic dressing. Their dessert crepes are also delicious, if you have room! Sharing is another possibility. You order at the register and pay. They give you a number to put on the table, and bring the food when done. Nice selection of beverages, including beer on tap. Outside seating is popular, especially if you have children or dogs. Can get quite noisy inside when crowded. A neighborhood gem..

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Get in a queue because you are not going to get that TASTY that easy especially on a weekend.
Once a seat of your need is ready they'll take your order. Delicious assortment to select from and the portion sizes are great so one might need to be mindful of their appetite. A place usually bustling and noisy so not for the peace lovers there!

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

As we strolled the street looking for the perfect spot, u see everybody at the Crepe Vine sitting on the outside, eating some tasty food! We were very satisfied with the food, service and staff. Would definitely re visit. While in the area, we didn’t receive one meal that we didn’t enjoy. A restaurant for any taste u desire!

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Location is nice on Castro street. We came here for breakfast.

We had a crepe and French toast. The crepe was good and the French toast was just ok.

There are many restaurants on Castro street. So, you can check out the menu and if you want to eat here, great. Otherwise, plenty of Restaurant’s within a one minute walk.