“Mediocre”
Review of Hon Sushi

Hon Sushi
Ranked #176 of 360 Restaurants in Mountain View
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We ordered take out sushi. Was mediocre all the way around. Wasn't terrible, fish seemed fresh, but wasn't knock your socks off. Probably won't order from here again...

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Hon Sushi is a very nice sushi bar, don't expect anything fancy, but it's well located and offers a few comfortable tables inside and outside. Staff are friendly. We got there at 8:50pm on a Sunday night (on Sundays they close at 9:30) and weren't especially well welcomed, but we didn't care. Our waitress was friendly, though you could feel everyone (her included) were thinking of going home. The food was great, good portions, fresh fish, everything very well presented. Most importantly, it all came to our table super fast which is something you don't see often at sushi bars. This is why I'm giving Hon Sushi a 4. On top of this, we paid $67 when at other sushi bars (same group, 2 adults and 3 kids) we always pay $100-$110. Though in more expensive places the quality is slightly better, there's no reason for their prices to be so much higher. It was our fist time at Hon Sushi and it's a place we'll definitely come back very often!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Ordered a box waiting for cinema, apparently been served by the owner. Nice cozy place, food is really good and served in a blink of an eye.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Sashimi was ok, pot sticker and seaweed were good. California rolls were like mush. salad is just lettuce swimming in a thin milky type dressing. Chicken teriyaki is very dark meat? The salmon Teriyaki was firm. Both teriyakis were cold. The tempura shrimp was very good. It tasted like food court quality food.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

I've dined here before and really liked the small place. The server was very nice and attentive. I normally get the Bento Box Chicken Teriaki. However on this visit the same server suggested I try the Gyoza which she said was very good to add to my Bento Box. I said no, I just want the chicken. Moments later I get my Bento box with Gyoza. I thought Oh, they are just giving me free Gyoza to try. I get my bill which had the added Gyoza I did not want and did not order. Not happy. I was full enough with just the Bento Box. Yes, the Gyoza were tasty, but that is not the point. The teriaki sauce is ok. Also had to ask for the wasabi and ginger since it was missing in the box. I'm thinking I will probably not return to this establishment... I normally will not waste my time writing about a bad experience, but I had to speak my peace this time.