“Nice Lamb and Gyro Meat”
Review of Ephesus

Ephesus
Reserve with OpenTable
Ephesus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 352 Restaurants in Mountain View
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2016

This place has pretty authentic Greek/Turkish food. The bread, the salad, the gyro meat and lamb are good. Although the place is not too big, but it is a cozy restaurant with outdoor seating. I would recommend people going if they want Greek/Turkish food.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

No dinner reservations for a Friday night but still decided to hit up Castro. After finding out that the wait time at Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot was a 45 minutes we decided to walk and glad that we did. We didn't have to wait for a table at Ephesus and we got a table right outside, so we could people watch as well. Hostess was very nice, our waiter and the nice gentleman poring our water were also super pleasant - our water glasses never went empty. We ordered a sampler appetizer and it was so yummy. I ordered the special which was tilapia w a tomato base sauce - so good! One girl friend ordered the lamb and the other ordered the beef and I tried them both and both were very tasty. The only down fall and why not a five star, not a full bar so that is why we had water - they have wine but none of us were in the mood for wine.
I live in Mountain View and I can't wait to take my husband and two daughters to Ephesus!

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Went to Ephesus for lunch, with a group of colleagues. Found the restaurant to be comfortable and offering a fairly interesting selection of good Mediterranean food.
The restaurant is on Castro Street in downtown Mountain View and is decorated in casual modern manner with Mediterranean references. It is plenty comfortable to spend time there.
The menu has a range of dishes from the Mediterranean region, primarily focusing on Greek and Turkish dishes, both well-known favorites and less known items. Overall, the group agreed that the food was very good and everyone was satisfied. The Turkish coffees after lunch were also very good.
Would happily eat there again when craving Greek or Turkish food.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

I very much enjoyed dinner with friends at Ephesus. Sat outside under the trees. Nice people, nice service. Lots of vegetarian options.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

So a friend and I needed an afternoon meal, and the whole street smells great with all of the restaurants. The big "Mediterranean food" sign attracted us, and we headed over. We poked our head in the door and asked if we could sit outside.

The server told us to just pick a table, and we did. Service was very friendly and attentive. My friend ordered a lamb dish called beyti (lamb rolled in flatbread, and sliced up like sushi), and I had lamb shish plate (lamb kabobs, with veggies & rice). Both were served fresh, hot and delicious. The veggies were steamed perfectly, which is always nice (crisp, not mushy). I also ordered Greek fries (seasoned fries, with feta cheese) and they were crisp, hot, and also delicious!

The ambience was calm and pleasant. The service was very considerate and helpful. I'd definitely eat here again any time. I'm not from anywhere nearby, but the wait staff treated my friend and I well, and I'm happy to return, as well as recommend it to any other travelers to the area.