“Nice hotel, friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Arlington
“Nice hotel, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel last weekend with a friend. I nearly drove right by it, it doesn't have a big flashy sign, and the exterior looks a bit worn. Inside, however, the hotel is trendy and clean. The room was nice but nothing special (they actually upgraded us to a large king room but we needed 2 beds). The bed was very comfortable which is the most important thing to me. The front desk knew we were there for a running competition and sent up a basket of goodies (gatorade, fruit, trail mix, coconut water) it was incredibly thoughtful. The free breakfast was great as well. I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: There appeared to be some rooms on the first floor that face the parking lot - I would recommend aga...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Lindsey G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

While I am writing this, I was still staying in the hotel at the point of time.
Then decided to write this because, next is a truly above and beyond remarkable experience.
I finished my water that I had purchased from the groceries a few days ago. This is because I traveled from a pampered country so I was slightly afraid to drink the local water from the tap. Also I had finished my mouthwash on the day itself when I was writing this. When I step into the room after work, I was shocked to see a new huge bottle of water and Listerine mouthwash that the hotel had given me on compliementary. Whole geez!! I have experienced this ever before.
I want to give the hotel the thumbs up and I am truly touched by this wonder customer services!!

Thanks guys (hotel staffs)! Especially to the staff which clean up my room on the day if he/she recollect this. ;o)

From a FaceBook user and a frequent traveler for business....
This is absolutely an amazing service!

Room Tip: This is a great hotel to select for accomodation if your company is around the corner in Mountain Vi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank yandao02
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed there for 9 days in autumn. Small, friendly hotel with very nice staff. Happy hour every day at 6 (i think) with couple of bottles of wine and few beers. Large rooms (well at least large comparing to Europe). It could use a bit of a face-lift but hard to complain about it when looking at the price. The biggest issue for me where the breakfasts that were far from inspirational in small room and coffee was awful so -1 for it.

Room Tip: you might want to have a breakfast elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel online for a concert we were going to at the shoreline amphitheatre. Not being from around here or knowing what to expect we were pleasantly surprised at how cute the hotel turned out to be. The room was very original and complimentary breakfast was great! It's always nice to book a good deal and get something back from your hotel aside from a bed, shower and tv! we will definitely be staying here again for future concerts!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank CKnohurrytoday
Chico, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

My rating for Hotel Avante is in comparison to its other Joie de Vire counterparts. We stay at the boutique chain frequently and enjoy the atmosphere. The feeling of home but with each hotel being a bit different. That said I would not discourage anyone from staying here as it was not that type of disappointment. I will explain.

The hotel is almost a drive by...it's not great looking on the outside and would probably discourage many from stopping. It reminded me of an old Medical building on the outside. Once inside the lobby is small but not really welcoming. Our desk clerk was excellent and helpful, her counterpart seemed to be relying on her and therefor the line was dragging and check in took quite a bit. We were there for a concert so it was pretty busy. We had a "larger" room but it really was pretty tight. Best part was it was corner room and had two windows with lots of light and circulation. The room itself needed a little polishing as it seemed a little tired BUT it was very comfortable and the bedding was true to the chains high standard. The bathroom was clean and shiny. I will say I can't believe they charged for the tooth brush.

As a Joy of Life club member a bottle of wine is left in your room...red or white your choice. In Avante's case it was a CHEAP plastic bottle. This was FIRST. Usually we receive a nice little bottle of tasty wine...NOT PLASTIC. This touch just added to the negative feel of the property...not what we were used to.

While looking around I noticed a very nice media room on the 3rd floor, looked like a great place to hang out if you had a group of friends and needed space. There was a pool but we didn't test it out.

This is a great place to stay if you are seeing a concert at Shorline. It was a $20 cab ride so you can have a few beers. I recommend tipping a little and asking your Cabby for his personal number and then calling him afterward to pick you up at the sport bar near Google. It will save you a huge hassle. You will get a good nights sleep but...I do recommend they give the place a bit of an upgrade. Have fun playing with all the toys they leave you in the room...grr...my etch-a-scetch was broken!

Room Tip: For the small price difference, go for the Executive room. They do have rooms with connections so i...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
6.3 km away
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK