All reviews front desk el camino comfortable bed business trip silicon valley oatmeal sausage small hotel free breakfast shoreline amphitheater business hotel san jose sami interview microwave google uber
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Overall a good hotel for a quick stay. I was put on the 1st floor, across the hall from the maids quarters and the gym and a few steps away from the lobby. There was noise at all hours of the day (and night) which made relaxing in the room nearly impossible - foot traffic, loud conversations, the maids' music was loud, and heard grunting in the gym several times during my stay. The room itself was cozy, but definitely lacked finish and didn't seem to have a thorough clean - paint was chipping, the vanity was dirty, carpet was dirty, the shower head half worked, my curtains didn't close all the way and with being on the 1st floor there were cars parked right up to my window and not enough space in the bathroom to change (just a toilet, shower, no additional space) so I was a bit paranoid that I might be seen changing or sleeping... just not up to typical hotel standards. That said, the pillows were super comfy along with the bed. The free breakfast provided was quite decent with healthy options. Free Wifi was spotty at best. Staff was pleasant to interact with. I wouldn't say not to book this hotel - but I would ask for a second level room and inspect it for cleanliness.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a level higher than the 1st floor
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica W
RidgemontHospitality, Front Office Manager at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

We apologize for not meeting the five star goal we had intended. We hope upon your next trip to Mountain View we can provide you the five star experience we always anticipate to give by making sure to give you a room on a higher floor and a more quiet area. We appreciate your feedback and will look into the other issues you have named. Please feel free to reach out to me personally with any other questions and concerns.
Warm Regards,
Elizabeth Stalions
650-965-0585

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Elizabeth took great care of us, helpful, pleasant and cheerful. Our room was clean and very comfortable. It is in a very quiet area of Mountain View, which hekps when needing a good nights rest. We will for sure stay here next time we are un the area. Thank you Elizabeth for making a stay so pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
RidgemontHospitality, General Manager at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for your 5 star review! We couldn't be more thrilled to hear about your experience and thank you for taking a moment to recognize Elizabeth. She is one of our best and brightest and I am please to see that we exceeded your expectations on your recent stay. We look forward to doing so again on your next visit to the area! Warm regards. Sean Hadley.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

I stayed here in early October while I was in town for business. Everyone was super helpful and friendly. When I admired a catalog of artwork that was on display in the lobby, the receptionist located a spare copy and gave it to me. My only negative comment (minor) is that my room was somewhat small, but nevertheless I do recommend Hotel Vue.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
RidgemontHospitality, General Manager at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to give us a glowing review, and hope to earn that 5th star on your next stay. Enjoy the artwork book, and until next time, safe travels! Warm regards. Sean Hadley

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I stayed five nights in the hotel with my mom. Room was "2 queen superior" room -
two queen beds - and was comfortable and clean, and so were the beds.

The room was also equipped with a kitchenette unit with a sink, a minifridge, a microwave and a keurig machine, so we bought some groceries at a nearby supermarket and ate pretty good dinners at the room most nights.

Breakfast spread is fantastic, with multiple kinds of eggs, as well as sausages, bacon, pancakes, yogurt, fresh fruits, cereals, an assortment of breads and pastries, and coffee/tea/juice. The dining room remains open 24/7 with coffee, tea and hot water.

As we were staying during Halloween, the hotel also had a bowl of candy and freshly baked cookies at the reception desk - a lovely touch.

Hotel also has a laundry room, and the reception will sell you detergent for it at $1/dose.

Staff is friendly and helpful and addressed all our questions and requests.

Excellent location next to in-n-out and a supermarket, and is within walking distance of Mountain View's Castro Street, as well as a nice hiking trail called Steven's Creek trail.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side are quieter. There is a supermarket across the street.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
RidgemontHospitality, General Manager at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for your 5 star review! We thrive on exceeding our guests' expectations, and I am pleased to see that the staff was able to go above and beyond on your recent stay. Please don't hesitate to let us know what we can do to continuously improve, and we look forward to your next visit to the area. We'll start baking those cookies now! :) Warm regards,

Sean Hadley

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Hotel is remodeled and very nice. Easy and friendly check in. They server a nice hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, pancakes, frittatas, cereals, juice and coffee. The room was clean and comfortable with all new amenities. Some rooms have small refrigerators and some do not. Our no, but said they could get us one if needed Only complaint is the pillows were hard and slim not comfortable at all and Not at all fluffy. Manager said they will be adding new pillows soon. It has very easy access to freeways and close to many of the main attractions in the South Bay. Great rates and easy to find. Definitely will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in Back of building so you are off the El Camino. Much more peace and quiet back there.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
RidgemontHospitality, General Manager at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are pleased to see that we met your expectations on your recent stay. We would hope to earn that 5th star on your next visit to the area and hope that we are your hotel of choice moving forward! Don't be a stranger!

Warm regards