“Pricey. Fresh sashimi.”

Rumble Fish Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #134 of 360 Restaurants in Mountain View
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Description: Rumble Fish Japanese Restaurant in Mountain View offers freshest and tasty array of Sushi and Sashimi as well as delicious Maki Rolls. Rumble Fish also offers many selections of Wine, Sake & Draft Beers - Sapporo, Newcastle, Blue Moon & IPA.
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Ordered takeout from Rumble Fish via UberEats. Got the tempura prawns, softshell crab, chirashi, and sushi combo. Very tender fish, especially the fresh tuna! The price is a little higher than your average sushi bar though. Wasn't too blown away by the fried foods (tempura, softshell crab).

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Last Friday evening my wife and I were invited to see a show at the TheatreWorks in Mountain View, Calif. We arrived early at Castro Street, in Mountain View, and decided to have dinner at Rumble Fish. I have had sushi at a lot of places and believe me; this is very close to the top of the list. Everything was very fresh and very tasty. After looking over the menu we chose to try the “Feast”. The price for individual nigiri sushi would have been more expensive, and this gave us a chance to try whatever the chef wanted to serve us. It consists of 14 different types of sushi and served on a wooden boat. It’s available for either 2 ($75) or 4 ($130) people. Everything from the food and tea, to the sake and service was spot on. My only complaint was that the mussels were slightly under cooked. One more minute under the broiler and it would have been much better. If you want to have a great Japanese dinner with a warm and cozy atmosphere you can’t go wrong with Rumble Fish.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

I'm giving the 4 stars review for the outside service provided by Solomon. He was quick, friendly and accommodating. During our Saturday lunch, we sat outside and were taking care by him.

I'm giving 2 starts for the food:
We came to this place because it was our popular location before. The new owners did a great job remodeling this place and adding outside tables, but the quality of food is mediocre and overpriced. They didn't have lunch specials and double on prices, but the portions are small and rice was old. It tasted like supermarket food or worse. I would not recommend it and I won't go back again for sure.

Ejcdion, Owner at Rumble Fish Japanese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Dear L0ve2travle,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that our food was below your expectations. I hope you can give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

We value all of our customers' input very much and take them into consideration for our future operation to ensure continued improvement of Rumble Fish.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend,

Eun-Joo, Owner @ Rumble Fish

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Really good place for japanese food. Tried their sushi which is actually called call 911 for the amount of spice and heat in it. The first piece had us literally in tears but the second piece was actually yummy once you get used to the spice level. Good miso soup too.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

I think that's what it is called anyway. It's the non-rice roll. This place is good. A weird mix between fancy and casual. I could see it being a good date place.

The food is good. The service was fine. It's not a place to eat on a budget though!