See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Traveling on our California road trip, we were running out of day, but not 'po dunk' towns. We drove 56 miles out of our way, as Mt. Shasta was the biggest town around. 'It's a ski town, there should be plenty acceptible accommodations, right? '...no, nope, wrong. This town was just a larger than your average 'po dunk' town. The Best Western was booked due to Labor day, and all the firemen staying to fight the fires (bad fire season, they were everywhere! ). We drove down 'the strip' and everything 'decent looking' was booked. We came here only out of desperation. Got the last room......at $178! OUCH THAT HURT! - Especially since this room should NEVER go for more than $79! One deflated pillow each, window rattler AC in the bathroom. Cigarette burns in the dated comforter, very hard bed. Undesirable decor all around. No care put into even keeping this place updated. Yup, your average dated, unkempt motel capitalizing on a busy weekend. Enjoy it Alpine Lodge, your janky hotel, and po dunk town will never, EVER see me or my money again.

DO NOT STAY OVERNIGHT HERE. IT'S NOT WORTH IT! Skip this horrendous town all together and go a few hours more to Tahoe if you want to ski.

Do not recommend

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Glad I'm only here for one night. The room is dingy with a broken chair and mold in the bathroom. It was a bargain price until the extra charge for my pet was added on (I wasn't told about that even though I mentioned that I had a pet). I could have stayed at the Best Western for the same price!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2016

We booked in on September 14 at about 5pm. They had our reservations ready to go. The rooms are clean as they can be and smell fresh. Beds are so very comfortable like sleeping on a cloud. Each room has a queen bed unless you get a double bed room which 2 queen beds. The bathrooms are clean and smell very clean. We stayed for 7 days to do some sightseeing. The hotel is in the prime location you can see the famous MT. Shasta from our room. Stores such as resturants, gift shops, healing shop all within walking distance also. House keeping is fantastic, Ron and his family, we loved them he is a very friendly and a hard working man. Ron is 80 years and he works like he's 20. Congratulations guys you guys know what you're doing. if we ever come back to Mt Shasta we will be staying at the Alpine Lodge!!!

Sincerely: Lorne Martin
Ontario, Canada

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper levels get more morning sun which is great!!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lornemartin55
Reviewed 1 July 2016

I arrived in Mt Shasta City late at night and just wanted a place for the night. This was an inexpensive one and my expectations were low. But, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, the bathroom basic but adequate, the place quiet and the a/c worked just fine. In short, it easily met expectations. The owner was quite nice on the phone and had everything ready when I checked in. It is a basic motel, but not a bad one. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

I stayed in Mt Shasta City, selected the Alpine per locals as an inexpensive place to stay. The room was old with original carpet, I didn't want to walk on it with bare feet... It was gross! The bed was an old, flat mattress, yet the sheets were soft and fitted. Old sockets with no easy access to recharge my phone or laptop.

All in all, I would recommend passing on this place!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo