Finlandia Motel & Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Shasta Inn(Mount Shasta)
View Hotel
Strawberry Valley Inn(Mount Shasta)
Alpine Lodge(Mount Shasta)
View Hotel
Swiss Holiday Lodge(Mount Shasta)
View Hotel
Cold Creek Inn(Mount Shasta)
View Hotel
All reviewsfinnish saunahot tubclean roomsshastapillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I've been going to Mt. Shasta and staying at the Finlandia for years. It's a long-time family run business. One thing I noticed in my last visit (over the 4th of July) is that all the other motels in town are very stark insofar as landscaping is concerned. Some have zero landscaping. The Finlandia has beautiful trees and lush greenery, and during my recent visit, there was a professional crew doing a lot of trimming and cleanup, really sprucing it up. There's a nice hot tub and nowhere else will you find an authentic Finnish sauna. This isn't that electric kind. This is the real hot stone kind. Mt. Shasta is a special place. Give yourself a nice place to stay while you visit.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms in back wing are quietest, and if you're looking for a great one-bedroom suite (with full kitchen), ask for Room 25.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank TfromBelmont
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We stayed in a hotel for one night. The rooms pretends to be vintage. It, however, looks simply old and shabby. I have not seen such old TV for 10 years. We arrived about midnight, so we just fell asleep. In the morning I recognized that there is no water in a tap. Actually, the last water I saw was in a toilet tank. Well, I tried to find somebody in an office. But a sign informed that office hours from 2 PM (from 4 PM in Fri-Sut). Then, do not count on an attendant help. We just dropped keys and drove tho the closest coffeehouse for a rest room.

Frankly speaking, for last 15 years it's a first no-water experience in USA hotel.

Some reviews mentioned about responsible person who lives in room#1. We were not informed about it. Then, I felt unwelcome and helpless.
I could not recommend the hotel. Any chain hotel provides more service and cordiality then Finlandia Motel in Shasta.

Some details: there is a teapot, TV and conditioner in a room We did not test them. The reservation mentioned WiFi but there was not password information in the room. then I could not use it.

Hotel is in a quiet place in 5 minutes driving from freeway.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vlad Z
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped about 9:00pm looking for a place to sleep, we were pulling a trailer and the manager was very helpful putting us in a room where we could turn the truck and trailer around and park by our room. They were not busy so that wasn't hard to do. The room was very musty smelling but reasonably clean. It was outdated and had a small older tv, the beds were ok and the sheets were clean. Bathroom was outdated as well but seemed to be clean.
My main complaint was the price did not reflect the room it was to high priced. But in a pinch it was fine.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Will probably stay here again when we're in the area. The woman who runs the place is so friendly! Clean rooms (although the bathroom needs updating), dog friendly, pretty close to town. Really nice hot tub too!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Great location, has a nice sauna and hot tub...I guess some units are kitchenettes. Staff is very friendly and helpful...But the room we were asigned to had a terrible musty and mildew smell...the wall in the bathroom had mushrooms or a fungus of some kind actually growing out of the wall...the entire bathroom had the look of being exposed to moisture for a long long time...I declined to stay in the room for fear of getting sick...We were given another room, the bathroom floor in that room was dirty too..and the beds were not comfortable felt very boxy just sitting on them...and after thinking about the grossness of the incident we just didn't even want to use anything connected to the facility and left....The staff did give us a full refund. They were very understanding...

Room Tip: If it"s the last room in town your are stuck, otherwise inspect the room for mold and mildew smell and basic cleanliness....
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
finlandiamtshasta, Owner at Finlandia Motel & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Sorry for your unpleasant experience. We had an undetected leak in the upstairs bathroom that caused the issue. It is currently being repaired. I have spoken with the staff regarding cleaning, very difficult to run a small business these days.