Review Highlights
Memorable day of fishing

Jack, I finally got back from my vacation in Nassau and want to thank you for arranging a short... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
stinalu2018
Pyramid lake!!!

Jack thank you again! Fish of a life time, excellant staff, An absolute pro. Great, good food... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
SteelyDonn
via mobile

All reviews his wife chilli the river puerto varas fish beef steelhead great trip float trip drift boat great guide local guide guided trip rainbow trout his knowledge cruise ship bass
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and I fished with Sidney for bonefish leaving from Nassau for a half day. He was a great guide. We arrived earlier than planned, so he took us out early. We stayed out even a little longer than a half day. We saw fish constantly throughout the day, caught several bonefish and several jack. He does mostly fly fishing, but we choose to use spinning equipment primarily because neither of us had fly fished before. The spinning equipment provided was in rough shape and could used an update, so I would bring your own if you want to use spinning stuff. The fly fishing gear was in much better condition. His boat was in good shape and we had no issues with it. It was a great day, I recommend Sidney and would fish with him again.

Reviewed 18 January 2019

In early January 2019 I went for bonefish with Sidney Walker. He picked me up at the cruise port and after a short 20-30 minute boat ride we were on a school of bonefish in the flats. Sidney’s estimate was 200 to 300 fish were in this school near a bank with mangrove trees. It took a few minutes to adjust my eyes to see them but once I could see them, we chased them all day. I’ve been to the Bahamas and the Florida Keys fishing for bones but never caught one and only seen a few in previous tries. I was amazed that Sidney knew where they would be and in such great numbers.
These fish are everything you heard about them and more. Extremely skittish, finicky, strong and intelligent. No wonder they’re one of the hardest fish to catch. Since you’re sight casting, this is bone hunting, not bone fishing….
Sidney set me up with both a spinning rod and a fly rod at my request. Once we were on the school he constantly gave me direction on where the fish were, how and when to cast to them and how to retrieve. We were on the school at about 9am and had my first fish on the line at 9:30. They are finicky, only wanting a certain bait, but Sidney knew what would please them. I lost this first fish after what was an eye opening experience. I have never had a fish fight as hard as this bone. The screeching reel and bent rod was the first true adrenaline rush of the day. This bone spit the hook because I had the line looped around the tip of the rod. My bad but a good lesson for me. Every component of my gear had to be perfect if I were to land one. Take it from me, check you line.
By 9:50 is was into another bone. He fought me for about 9 or 10 minutes. He would take the drag, I’d reel him in, he would take more drag and I’d reel again. Finally I brought him to the boat and for the first time in my life I caught the grey ghost, my bucket list fish. Throughout the day the bones became finicky and were not interested in my bait so we moved out to the flats. We waded and I hooked a nice bone on a fly but was unable to land him. Later in the day we moved to deeper water where I was able to land another bone and a small tarpon.
All throughout the long day, 8am till 4pm we fished and fished. Sidney never rested! He so desperately wanted me to enjoy the day that he used every technique in his vast arsenal to nail these amazing fish. His tireless work, direction and great sense of humor made the day fly by! I didn’t even feel the how sore my casting arm was until later that night.
I’m not a great fisherman by any means and all my life these bonefish have alluded me. When I booked this trip my expectations were understandably low.
Sidney was amazing and exceeded my best bone fishing day dreams.
Thanks to Jack Trout and Sidney Walker for a day I’ll never forget. You rock guys…
Oh, I’ll be back.
Ron

Reviewed 16 January 2019

I set up two days fishing in Nassau with Jack Trout, he was prompt to answer my many question, easy to speak with, the whole process was simple. He set us up with Sidney how lives and grew up in Nassau and you can tell, he knows ever nook and cranny of the island. Over two days of fishing he had us on fish constantly. If you got a little too aggressive with the cast he would laugh and tell us not to worry, theres plenty more, and he was right. Sidney is a complete joy to be around and really encapsulates the Bohemian lifestyle. From a beginner to expert fly fisherman, Sidney will make sure you catch fish, he does things the right way! When boarding the boat the second day, he said we felt like family, not customers. I can honestly say I have never had a guide say that to me before and it set the tone for what turned out to be an absolutely epic day on the water. I can't wait to fish and see Sidney again. Thanks Jack, you truly have a gem in Sidney down there.

1  Thank Fly-Fish-Man1
Reviewed 10 January 2019

Excellent guides and I would recommend both Mattias and Miguel. Our party of 4 had a very nice time.

Date of experience: January 2019
Jack T, Owner at Jack Trout Fly Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2019

Hi Dave & Family,

Thank you so much for your review, our guides in Chile are the greatest! We pride ourselves in being able to provide an affordable fly fishing day trip with a wonderful and authentic Chilean bbq lunch with wine, etc. We also like to make it easy and provide all the fly fishing gear so your group is not schelping fly rods, boot, waders halway across the world. We also refuse to raise our prices, everyone's working harder than their parents, we care about our clients. When it's your time to have fun, we get it and know you folks deserve a great fly fishing Walt Disney Adventure in Chile!! We'll never let you or anyone down, we just want to make people's fly fishing dreams come true and it's not about the money for us, it's about the experience. With Heart, Jack Trout & the Team Trout Guides

Reviewed 6 January 2019

I arranged two days of fishing through jack trout out of Placencia Belize. Jack was always prompt with responses during the planning phase, and was able to accommodate a last minute request of an additional boat. The first day out my son and husband went with Wayne and had an amazing day of fishing- catching bonefish and permit. They found Wayne to be professional and helpful. Unfortunately wind conditions kept the boats inland for the second day, and the fishing was not very successful. But the boat ride was beautiful. Would definitely recommend this guide Wayne from jack trout, professional and kind. Other boats/ guides had to borrow or ask for Wayne’s help in some way, which made an impression on them and have even more confidence in our choice.

1  Thank mbp414