“Best Honeymoon fishing trip on the Smith River!”

Jack Trout Fly Fishing
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Mount Shasta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 1994, We outfit & guide, Cuba, Chile, Belize & Argentina. Northern California, Oregon & Nevada. We guide fly fishing on the Upper Sacramento River, McCloud River, Trinity River, Lower Sacramento River, Hat Creek, Pit River, Smith River, Klamath River, Truckee River, out of Mount Shasta, McCloud, Dunsmuir & Redding, California. Rogue, Chetco, Deschutes, Umpqua, Elks, Sixes in Oregon. Pyramid Lake, Truckee NV. Float Trips and wade trips for beginners to advance, all gear included and stream-side gourmet lunch.
Reviewed 24 October 2016

We had a great time fishing on the Smith River with guide Kenton Bansemer. We hooked into some monster salmon and really enjoyed floating down the wild, scenic, and incredibly beautiful Smith River. Kenton was a great guide and taught us a lot about fishing the river. He even spent time to teach us how to spey cast. Great way to spend a day for honeymooners who love to fish together!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Marie and I had the best time with our guide Jim Pettis last Saturday on a drift trip down the lower SAC. The weather was not kind to us but Jim put us right where we could catch fish and I caught the biggest fish on a fly I have ever caught (16-17" rainbow). It was a great day! We will definitely be back and be requesting Jim each and every trip we take. Jim is very down to earth and was very patient with me; as I am surely an amateur. Thank you so much Jim you were wonderful and we very much appreciate all your hard work in those rough and rainy waters. Jeannie

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

After reading the amazing reviews, I scheduled a 3 day fly fishing trip with Jack for me, my brother and dad in early October in the Mt Shasta, CA area. Jack and his wife were a pleasure to work with in setting it up and made everything so easy. Once we got to Mt. Shasta, we had the time of our lives. We hadn't fly fished for 20 years and Jack was patient, a great teacher and great guy all around. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of fishing and the history of the area. We fished 3 very different but fantastic rivers on each of the 3 days - the Klamath, McCloud and Lower Sac. Some of the best scenery out there. Jack knew just which flies to use and spots to hit. We caught a lot of fish and on the last day on the Lower Sac with his really cool guides Forest and Ian, I had the best fishing day of my life. I was floating in a boat with my brother and Forest and, with Forest's expert tutelage, we were catching large rainbows pretty much every time we put our lines in the water (my brother and I both had fish on the line at the same time throughout the day).

I can't recommend Jack and his team enough. He uses the absolute best fishing gear, including providing very high end, comfortable waders. The lunches prepared by his wife were super gourmet and delicious (one day we had pork ribs and the other day the best chicken stew ever). We will definitely be coming up for another trip with Jack.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

What amazing service! Called for a friend who needed wading boots. Jack set him up with a new pair of @simmsfishing boots. Fit him like a glove and made his trip enjoyable and memorable. He even came to our hotel to drop them off and set it up so that he could drop them off at the front desk in the evening. Now my friend is going to pick up a pair of Simms when he gets home. Great guy, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Great trip with Jack Trout. Had a novice fly fisherman in the boat and he was very patient with my buddy until he learned the tricks of the trade. Put us on the fish early and often with quite a few big bows. Tons of local knowledge and awesome stories made the time between casts and catches blow by. Riverside stir fry lunch was unexpected as most guides roll out the standard turkey sandwich and stale chips.