“Good but not great”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

This is a friendly and clean restaurant with pleasant atmosphere. They try to serve sustainable foods from responsible companies. We liked the servers and the service was slow but fine for us. Don't go if you're in a hurry. The food is good quality but taste and cooking of it is only ok-good. My meal of scallops and mashed potatoes was cold but the salad was very good and tasty. We bought a bottle of wine and were allowed to take with us the portion we didn't finish.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Organic, delish, I loved every bite. I arrived near closing time, however they welcomed me and I didn't feel rushed.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

We went to Vivify on a very busy night and the staff was spread thin. Despite this, they remained cheerful and did their best to do a good job (which they did). The food was very good; the three of us enjoyed everything and would definitely return to Vivify on a future visit to the area.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

All the food here is meticulously prepared, and presented with excellence. The atmosphere is very nice, and the people that work there warm and welcoming. The food takes awhile so have some Saki while you wait. That said, be warned this place is very expensive. I'd think they'd attract far more customers (especially locally) if they nmade prices either a) more affordable or b) at the very least offer some items specially priced on certain days of the week. This is done commonly in larger cities, where restaurants need to be competitive. I offer this info. in the spirit of positive suggestions, and not to criticize. If you are wealthy, have at it with no worries.

1  Thank rOgdives_7
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Patio service was barely adequate. Server doubled our drinks without first informing us. Delivered a full-sized salad when a half-size was ordered then said "I can't take it back" Wow !!