“Nice view but average food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 97 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 23
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Soups, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, View
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Spectacular views and outdoor tables make this "Bistro on the Bay" a perfect spot to relax, enjoy a latte or organic coffee and hot breakfast.Breakfast is served all day. In addition to the indoor seating, there are 18 outdoor waterfront tables to enjoy watching the seals, otters, pelicans and other nature as well as watching the sailboats drift by. There is soothing live weekend entertainment in the morning and it gets a bit kicked up in the afternoon during happy hour and they have their own house wine among a great wine list. The scene is gorgeous and a glassed in area is provided to enjoy the outdoors when it is windy. Sunset is beautiful from this location while dinner is served. Fresh local seafood is the main dish along with pastas and fresh salads.
South Haven, Michigan
“Nice view but average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Had breakfast here while in Morro Bay. Enjoyed watching the sea otters swim but didn't find our breakfast to be exceptional. Nice friendly waitress though.

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Los Angeles, California
“We were super-impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

This review is a bit late, so some details are fuzzy now. =/ As I recall, though, we were looking for brunch when most places were past lunch service. Were it not for a TV spot on The Visitor's Channel in our place of lodging, we might not have found this place since it's tucked around the corner and in the back of a building on the Embarcadero. It's a great location, though - the views are *spectacular* - whether you choose a table inside or out.

We were so impressed with the food and service that we returned the next day. These folks pay attention to detail. We can recommend it highly and would return without hesitation. Note to owners: your cook/chef is a keeper. Don't let him/her get away!! =)

• Visited March 2012
Santa Monica, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love This Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I've had only breakfast at this lovely little place. The food is fresh and exceptionally flavourful. Reading the negative reviews, it almost feels as if the other reviewers have written about a completely different restaurant. The servers I have had, have been lovely and accommodating; the food, delicious. It isn't inexpensive (like the specials board at Kitty's on Main) but it's a different experience right on the water with creative (delicious) takes on standard fare (the scrambles, CA Benedict). Nothing disappointing here.

San Diego, California
“ill be there again soon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

i was visiting Morro Bay for christmas break and i was meeting my friend there a little hard to find but i met up with her and right away we were greeted by a young waiter with a great smile on his face(very handsome) ;). he recommended we sat on the table with the best view. treated us very nicely. i had the bay view breakfast it was so phenomenal and my friend had the pastrami sandwich witch my friend said was the best she has ever had. it got pretty busy and this waiter still gave us the same service he's was running around trying to make sure everyone was fine very good service. I will be back for the food and some eye candy.... highly recommend it.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank jamie f
psjayne
“Just Ask and You shall Receive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I decided to try this restaurant again, to give it another chance. I needed to have fast and good service and food prepared properly. The owner was there and I told her my needs and she met them. I ordered the fish tacos without toritillas, cheese on the side for my black beans, and the mango salsa on the side --- and I only had 30 minutes to spare. Knowing up front that it would take a good 10-12 minutes for prep, I began to watch the clock after I ordered. What I got was absolutely perfect and in the time frame promised. The fish, a very good portion, was cooked to perfection with garlic and spices - not dry at all. Everything was great...I would recommend it to others.

• Visited February 2012