“Amazing morning, kayaking in Morro Bay”

Central Coast Outdoors
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Morro Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Kayak, bike and hike Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, Big Sur and the Central Coast. We specialize in incredible California Central Coast outdoors tours and trips for individual travelers, small group tours or large group tours kayaking, biking or hiking in our natural playground. Our trips and tours are top rated and our guide staff second to none! Take advantage of the owners' decades of experience in the adventure travel world and learn more about how we can help you explore this natural wonderland by bike, kayak and on foot..
Salt Lake City
“Amazing morning, kayaking in Morro Bay”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My six friends and I had the most amazing morning kayaking around the bay. Our patient and knowledgeable guide, Cindy, showed us all that makes this bay spectacular. From the history of the area, to the wildlife, we couldn't have had a better time.

We'd highly recommend Central Coast Outdoors!

Visited October 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

San Diego, California
“Just the right balance of everything Big Sur had to offer!”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My family and I (kids of age 10-12) went hiking in the Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and the Lime Kiln State Park in Big Sur with John the owner for one day. He had the just right balance of adventure, fun, educational aspect, magnificent natural surroundings, professionalism and personable character into our one day hike. The kids also enjoyed the crush and smell/taste part of the tour and jumping over rocks to cross the river streams. My husband, the avid photographer, loved all the beautiful photo opps. I thoroughly enjoyed all the stories John told us including about his family. Thank you for a wonderful day!!! I highly recommend John and his group!!!

Baltimore, MD
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“fantastic kayaking experience and dinner on the dunes... the bay in the evening is a magical place!”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My wife and I got a kayaking trip / dinner on the dunes as a wedding present. We were there mid-october, on a weekend-day, with two other couples. We showed up a bit before 4pm, when our tour was supposed to begin. We signed the usual release forms and Ken took some time to give us pointers as to how to Kayak for first-timers. The bay has few currents, but is overall easy to kayak - I'd recommend a tandem kayak if this is your first time (rear person steers),.

15 minutes later, we were on the water, admiring the abundant wildlife... saw cormorans, pelicans, blue herons (and many other birds), harbor seals!

*Guide: Ken was very nice and very knowledgeable - which is a big plus in this kind of environment. The bay is in reality really shallow and it takes some serious navigation skills to avoid places where kayaks could get stuck. He was very approachable and answered all our questions regarding safety, how-to kayak, wildlife questions and had some awesome stories regarding the peregrine falcons on the rock (make sure you ask!).

*Gear: Kayaks are obviously not the latest models but they are sturdy, light enough, and maneuverable for begginers. We were also provided dry bags in various sizes to keep our gear dry (advice: don't take too much with you... binoculars and cameras are a must!). There were also 'water proof' blankets to keep on your knees.

*Dinner: This was fantastic food. Forget your good ol' cold dry camping food. We had amazing salads, artisan bread, hummus, etc.... and freshly grilled (that's right... grilled... they brought a bbq!) veggies, sausages (and veggie patties - make sure you ask for veggie options). We even had dessert. As far as drinks go, there were brews, local wines, and soft drinks (inc. water).

*Dunes: truly pristine place. most of the dunes are protected because of nesting areas, but there's still a whole lot to see. We were there for sunset... beautiful colors!

Overall, the kayaking experience was great! We made it back to the Marina when it was dark and kayaking on the bay, at night, is a truly magical thing to do...

Highly recommended outfitters - fantastic experience. Treat yourself and go for the late afternoon kayaking / dinner on the dune experience.

1 Thank Genetics
Felton, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Top 5 Birthday gift!”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I booked the 1/2 day wine tasting and bike ride for my husband's birthday. We had been wanting to visit our daughter in San Luis Obispo and to go wine tasting in the area. After checking out many wine tasting options on the web, this looked like the best combination for us. Never having done a tour like this before, I had no idea what to expect, however I was not worried at all. The staff at Central Coast Outdoors responded quickly to any questions I had about the trip.

We did the Edna Valley tour with Mandy. Mandy was a personable, patient, and interesting guide. Everything was wonderful, even the weather. After being picked up at our hotel and being whisked away to our starting point, Mandy guided us to some great small wineries; not a disappointing winery in the bunch. Not only was the wine fantastic, the staff at each winery was friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. WOW!!!

At the end of our ride, Mandy prepared an amazing lunch at one of the many charming wineries in the area. Lunch in the winery garden was an awesome way to end our adventure. The food was yummy and I love the fact that the recipes for our lunch are available on line. What a nice touch!! :)

While not a diehard ride, it was perfect for spending time with family and getting in some great wine tasting, which was exactly what I was looking for. I love the fact that we were our own group rather than just a small part of a much larger group. At the end of our adventure, my husband said it was one of his "top 5 birthdays of all time" SCORE!!!

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Great experience on our Honeymoon”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We are a BIG thumbs up all the way across the board. The experience itself was fantastic, the food was great and - most especially - we really enjoyed Ken. He was a very interesting person as an individual, a knowledgeable guide who made the experience both fun & educational and a good guy :-)

We've been telling friends about the experience and will continue to sing your praises.