See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is a family run motel. The building is out dated but, I found that everything works well and our room was very clean. Beds were good, room is heated, but no A/C. Nice views of the rock. I booked from the hotel website saving $20.00 from Expedia, and thought what I paid was worth it. I would return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

U can see the sea from hotel. Parking
Walkable distance to restaurants ..
I went to China dragon.. for me it's delicious food ......
if possible.............go for sunset at nearby beach..don't miss ....

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

On road trips we try and stay at least one night in a non chain, roadside kind of place. On our recent trip down the California coast, the Holland Inn was it.

We don't go on vacation to watch tv, or go to spas, or lounge around a hotel all day. What we want are clean, safe, comfortable rooms for a decent price. This fit the bill completely.

Room was clean, furnishings a little dated, but still in good shape, had a fridge and microwave, and was quiet. What else can you ask for when the rate was so low? This isn't a Hampton, and doesn't carry a Hampton rate, so you have to set your expectations somewhere.

No pool, parking can be a little cramped, and no a/c in our room. We felt safe and secure, I really doubt the family running the place would put up with anything from any guests. Breakfast was some cereal and yogurt, I could,not find any milk and the juice thing was empty. I wasn't expecting anything though.

So all said and done, we'd go back. Basic, clean, safe accommodations on the coast, what else do you want?

Room Tip: Stay away from the road, had a good breeze on the north side through the room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is the WORST hotel I have EVER stayed at. Old, run down, dirty, no a/c (yes its technically coastal area so maybe they think its okay not to have a/c but it is humid & sticky) avoid at all costs. Just walking in felt dirty, and I'm not that picky. The bedding looks like its from the 60's and not in a cute way. Upon arrival: first, at almost 4 in the afternoon, none of the rooms are ready, and the owners are rude. Second, when you book online on priceline and then arrive, they magically increase the price. Third, they say pet friendly but we were charged $30 extra dollars for our pets, had I had known this, I would have booked a better hotel with the extra $ that didn't charge for pets such as the motel 6 we stayed at in ventua beach or the Travelodge we stayed at in Lompoc. Needs SERIOUS updating but I doubt the owners will update as they seem money hungry and don't care if their customers are satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank shell2121
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We've stayed here on many occasions and it's been a little more than a year this time around. Most times using coupons out of RoomSaver Mags. This time the indie mamma-san says no queen beds only king so we pay more... OK.

Room was familiar from another visit. Smelled a little stale. Location is OK for convenient travel but not for walking to local attractions. Heater didn't work so the manager comes in and puts the T-stat all the way up and the gas on low. Says "Don't touch it and it'll work... OK.

Room is close to the office and was a bit noisy before midnight. Walls are thin and we hear everything in Spanish from some loud neighbors. There's a crew cab outside and we get the impression that there's enough people next door to occupy every seat belt, tramping out that room... maybe more... But the internet was way better this time. OK.

While sleeping the bed was big and cozy but I wake up a few times and my pillow smells like smoke. I notice early in the morning that the pillow on my side of the bed has a different colored pillow case from the nice white sheets the rest of the bed has... so I wrote this review, wishing we would have checked elsewhere, and next time we will. I'm a little grossed out now... Uggh!

Oh yeah... We checked in on April 15, 2013 and it's freaking windy and cold outside. Morro Bay is cool... Waaay cool... Toooo C-c-c-cool... OK.

We paid a three star price for a motel that's approaching more one vs. two star status. I hear there's a nice room here with a fireplace, but we've never seen it.

Good places go bad and bad places go bankrupt. We'll go someplace else on our next visit. We love this town, but in the peak season you maybe better checking out Fly BnB or Craigslist as prices get dear on the budget end. Better yet to bring real money and stay in one of the more upscale locations.

Room Tip: Check in early, or check in elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple