All reviews main building continental breakfast morro rock pancake maker great view deluxe king bay view room barking sea lions wonderful weekend loved our stay covered parking room was spacious and clean blow dryer reasonable rates yogurt private balcony nice size
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Awesome!!! Great service, excellent location and friendly staff. Stayed there this weekend and the service was great. The concierge, Joseph, was the best. We booked our rooms with him via phone Thursday night and he provided professional and very kind service. It so happened, that he was there when we checked in and the great personable service continued. He didn’t know it was our anniversary weekend but his pleasantness and awesome service definitely made us feel welcome. I regret not being able to get the name of the lady who cleaned the room, but she greeted us check in day with a smile and every day after. I didn’t get her name but she was awesome and it’s not always that way when you travel but I’m grateful for such a warm and welcoming stay. I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly and will definitely be back. Thank you for such a wonderful weekend!!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Blue Sail Inn. Got the bay/rock view room. Very friendly staff, quiet, and the view from the room was amazing! The shops were I block down, very easy access, the trolley was great to ride, didn't need to drive my car the whole weekend.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Our weekend plans fell through so we tagged along with friends to Morro Bay. They had already booked at this hotel so we tried to as well. I called the one evening and they had availability for all the nights. When I called the next day, only 2 nights were available. Ok, I understand that. I was contemplating what to do when my friend texted me that on their website, all the nights were available. Strange. So I called back, got a different person and indeed all the nights were free. My point to this is be persistent as their booking system may not always be accurate. So it didn’t affect us the wrong way, I called again the day of our trip to ensure all the nights were ours!
The hotel itself is clean and well appointed. We had a small fridge and microwave. There was also a small high top table and chairs on the patio. It’s located a street from from their main strip. Our room, a deluxe king, had a very nice bay view. It’s pretty quiet but expect to hear karaoke and bongo drums on wkend evenings. Our friends have stayed at the Blue Sail for years and have never had a real complaint. I would stay here again unless we bring our pets. No pets allowed here.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights the second week of August. Since we did not know how warm it would be, we booked an air-conditioned room.It turned out that the mornings and evenings were cool, and we did not need the A/C.
This hotel was ideal for my family. It's conveniently located between the embarcadero and Main Street, both of which have many shops and restaurants and are only a few minutes walk from the hotel. Our room had a wonderful view of the harbor and Morro Rock; it was so pleasant to awaken each morning to the sounds of the ocean- seagulls, sea lions, etc. Our room was very comfortable and clean; the small table and chairs, the coffee maker, and mini-fridge came in quite handy. There is free parking- some spaces under the building, some on the street, and some in the lot. Breakfast was quite good, and the breakfast room has a nice view of the harbor. Choices for breakfast include cereal, homemade pastries from a local bakery, yogurt, fresh fruit, toast and bagels, hardboiled eggs, and homemade pancakes from a really cool machine. All of the staff (front desk, breakfast room, and cleaning) were very pleasant, professional, and efficient. The Blue Sail Inn is conveniently located near other places we wanted to visit. The beach town of Cayucos is only a few minutes away, and Hearst Castle and the elephant seal rookery are about 30 minutes north along the coast. This hotel is ideal for both a Morro Bay visit and also as a home base for day excursions. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Many rooms do not have A/C. If you do want air conditioning, be sure you're booking a room in the air conditioned building.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Great location, room ( king fireplace) was clean, facing the water (straight shot to the sea lion perch. The lions are pretty rambunctious in terms of noise, but nothing so loud as to be annoying. Bring binoculars for close entertainment.

Our only issue was the heat...like many beach accommodations it had no ac. Wasn’t unbearable on a 74 degree day, but it was a bit warming from early afternoon until around sunset. Great view of Morro Rock. Would gladly come back.

Stayed: August 2018