“Nice place”

Ranked #1 of 5 Morro Bay B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Nice place”
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We pulled into town after all day on the road. Checked the internet for hotels in Morro bay. While sitting out front of Morrow Inn the link went to Hotels.com. They quoted me $125 for a SUNDAY NIGHT. OMG. I got out of the vehicle and went to the desk. She had 2 rooms to offer, one was #1 for ($39 +tax) and #18 was $49 + tax. She asked if I want to see the rooms and we chose the larger one for $49. This place is clean, had ocean view and could not be beat for the price on a last minute deal. In Room Coffee and small fridge. Small continental breakfast included. I will never use Hotels.com, what a rip off that website is. Get the local number and call the property directly.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed 10 October 2010

We choose that hotel after seeing an ad for it with the AAA logo. The woman barely spoke English and was really rude. We had a coupon for an ocean view room at the price of a regular room but she said that she had no more ocean view rooms available so we had to take a regular room. In the evening we noticed that there were only 2 other cars on the parking lot and that the other guests had rooms on the 1st floor as well... so apparently the ocean view rooms were actually available as we didn't see any light in the rooms at the 2nd floor...
The furniture in our room was old and the bathroom could have been cleaner.
The next day as we wanted to have breakfast we went to the lobby and that breakfast was only a joke! There was only coffee and frozen muffins on a tiny table... Again the lady was so rude that we just took a cup of coffee and left...
We paid so much money for awful service and small old furnished rooms...

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carineaj

Travellers are raving about these Morro Bay hotels

Sittard
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I've been traveling through the States voor almost two months so I've been in dozens of motels. But nowhere was I treated so unfriendly and even rude. The female owner made such unfriendly remarks that I felt very unwelcome, like I did something wrong! Everyone is entitled to a bad day, but she's clearly in the wrong business and shouldn't be around people. The smelly room (room 1) I can deal with, but this treatment....? Just avoid this motel, there are several others for the same price that do welcome you!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank KimuitNL
oakland, CA
Reviewed 3 September 2008

plusses:
comfortable beds and pillows
there's a microwave, coffee maker and fridge in room
bathroom clean and well tiled
nice bathroom sink

minuses:
no hairdryer and wireless internet as advertised
very small bars of soap
thin and greyish towels
small muffins are quartered for breakfast fare
door had to be slammed to shut properly

• Liked — comfotable bed and pillow
  • Disliked — false advertisement about wireless internet
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank vagabond4
Modesto, California
Reviewed 16 August 2008

PLEASE BEWARE! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! This is a friendly warning to anyone considering staying in this motel. My fiance and I stayed in this hotel for one night in August of 2007 because the prices weren't too high. The place itself was okay for a one night stay. I have no major complaints about the room because I did not have high expectations regarding the amenities. Everything would have been fine for a one night stay. However, little did I know that approximately one year later, which is now August 2008, we would get a call from the manager claiming that we had reserved a night stay a week ago that we did not. I attempted to explain to the manager that there was a big mistake and that we did not reserve a room more recently whatsoever. I tried to explain to her that we did stay there, but that it was a year ago. She was very rude , would not listen to what I had to say, and called me a liar repeatedly. She said that she would take my fiance to court if she had to. It was impossible talking to this woman that had a very negative demeanor. This place definately has issues with its reservation system. Now we are having to deal with this problem of my fiance's card being charged fraudulently. Although the prices of the room may be okay, it is not worth having to deal with the manager of this establishment or being charged later for a stay you never reserved. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. IT IS NOT WORTH IT!

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Angel O