“Great Stay, Great People, Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anderson Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Morro Bay
Anderson Inn
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Morro Bay
Los Angeles
“Great Stay, Great People, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I recently celebrated an anniversary at The Anderson Inn and can’t agree more with the glowing reviews already on here. Having stayed at many places in Cambria and Paso before, we decided to give Morro Bay a try and The Anderson Inn fit the bill. The Inn is charming, on an inlet overlooking not just Morro rock but the boats and harbor. We opted for a premium room over the water and it was worth it. The rooms are very spacious, the amenities lovely, and the balcony provides a beautiful place to sip wine, watch the sunset and enjoy the boats coming into and out of the harbor. (If you’re lucky, you’ll also be there to enjoy the harbor seals, who will be quite amusing neighbors with their antics if it’s the right time of year.)

The Inn itself is terrific, but the reason to stay here is the fabulous service you get from Mollie, Jeff and Rodger. They could give Disney hospitality a run for their money on how to treat guests. They will give you directions and recommendations to any of the area activities, explain all the amenities in the room, and in general make sure you’re comfortable and having a good time. We also had a wonderful meal at The Galley, their restaurant under the Inn. We had mentioned that it was our anniversary, but hasn’t requested anything special, so were quite surprised that they took the time to print up special menus that put anniversary wishes on the menu (“Priceless” of course). It was a lovely gesture that capped a terrific weekend. If you’re looking for a quiet, well-kept inn with top-notch, personable service, The Anderson Inn is the place to stay. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Choose a premium room to get the balcony over the harbor.
3 Thank TNCCA
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

Jeff Anderson's middle name is service-what a nice experience & great accomodations. I loved the shower, and the proximity to everything.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jana C
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our vacation this year and it was a beautiful place to stay. The Anderson family goes above and beyond to make sure that your stay at their Inn is everything you need it to be. I would whole heartedly recommend this Inn to anyone, you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Boobear2
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Anderson Inn this past May to celebrate out anniversary. We could not have picked a more wonderful place!
When booking my room, I used the online reservation service on the website. Later, I was pleasantly surprised to see an email from one of the owners, Jeff, waiting for me in my inbox, letting me know that he had seen my online reservation and switched us from the room the online service had chosen to a better available room! I was so thrilled! We ended up in one of the over the water rooms on an end.
When we arrived, Roger helped us to our room. He showed us around and graciously offered to bring fresh cream to our room for our coffee in the morning! Later, as I was reading a magazine article about the Anderson family and their beautiful Inn, I was surprised to find out that Roger was a previous mayor of Morro Bay! I felt like I had met a celebrity! Also, Roger directed us to his son's Surf Shop down the street (as we foolishly forgot to pack sweatshirts) and we were greeted with the same warmth from his son.
The following morning we met Mollie and Jeff. What an amazing family! The Andersons are such great hosts, we truly felt welcome and comfortable during our stay. Everything in the Inn is top of the line. I have been dreaming about the soft, comfortable bed ever since we left!
I cannot recommend the Anderson Inn highly enough. If you want a relaxing, luxurious stay on the California Coast, look no further!

Room Tip: Definitely choose one of the Over the Water rooms. The view of Morro Rock is amazing! You won't...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

If you can afford it stay here, if you can't afford it borrow some money ....failing that hold up the gas station. The welcome we received from Mollie amazing she is a true innkeeper with thought for her guests their needs and comfort. We booked one of the over water rooms which was amazing with views out to Morro Rock, and pleasing seals outside the room In the bay. The room was appointed to a much higher standard than most 5 star hotels, and just wish we coud have stayed longer.
We had dinner in the Galley restaurant which was superb.... Like I say just stay here ... It's expensive but like most things in life you get what you pay for.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple