“Best La Quinta I've ever stayed at”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Moreno Valley
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Moreno Valley
Nice, France
“Best La Quinta I've ever stayed at”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

This hotel was the nicest LQ I've ever seen or stayed at (and I've stayed at close to a dozen). It's only 2 years old and looks modern, clean, fresh. The furniture is modern and the bed was very comfy. Anna at the front desk was very helpful in directing me to dinner options. Breakfast was good. I used the fitness center, which was nothing special, but better than nothing. I used the business center to print also. No complaints. If business takes me back to the area, I'd definitely stay at this LQ again. Amazing value for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank solarsandy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Duncan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have stayed at this La Quinta 3 times and every time it has been excellent. Nice room, good tv and channels, great for those travelling with pets and very comfortable. Terrific value.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here on business for a few weeks. From check in to check out, the staff was very nice, the area is great and close to so many restaurants, a mall, movie theaters, all within 1 or 2 miles! Breakfast was good, but ran out a lot of times. Bed very comfortable. Very accommodating and accepting of pets of all sizes. I really don't have anything significantly bad to say! And the full satellite DirecTV channels were a definite plus!
I agree with the other reviewer that the hotel next door looks very sketchy, but luckily I was on the 3rd floor and felt very safe

Room Tip: Get room on 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lowcochica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

Wow, what a great hotel! From the service to the location, with nearby shopping Mall - movie theater - restaurants, this stay was excellent.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank mistermct20
Peoria, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

I stayed at the La Quinta motel on the 27th of December 2011. Check in was a breeze. I pulled around to the back of the motel and parked near the door and unloaded my vehicle. I was able to open the exterior door by using my room key and my wife, dog and I went to our ground floor room. My door key would not work to open the door. I was about to go back to the front desk when the clerk came down the hallway with two new door keys for me. I don't know how she figured out that my key would not work and only about 30 seconds had elapsed from the time I tried the keys till she showed up with the replacement keys. Hmmm? She said, "I had to go in there before to do something". I don't know what that meant. I got settled in and tried to adjust the room temperature but it kept fluctuating. Around 8:00 P.M. my wife pulled the drapes back and discovered that the window was open a couple of inches and allowing cold air into the room. I know that housekeeping closes and locks windows after cleaning rooms so I don't know why the window was ajar. We went to sleep and at 12:05 A.M. we were awakened by the noise of someone outside trying to get into our room. The noise was quite loud and we could hear the perpetrator banging on the window in an effort to force it open. I got dressed and went outside to look at the exterior of the building and saw that our window screen was now lying on the ground and it was bent up. I went to the front desk and had the clerk (a different lady than before) call the police. The officer went to the window and verified that indeed someone had removed the screen and damaged it. The clerk offered to move us to a second floor room facing the parking lot and said that nothing had shown on the motion activated sensor cameras. She went on to say that it may have been someone from the adjacent motel that had a bad reputation. I also moved my vehicle to the front parking lot under a light. In the morning we were checking out and the original desk clerk was now back on duty and we told her what had happened. She replied, and I quote: "How did it look?". I thought that was a very strange response. A normal question might have been what happened? or how did they try to get in? But "How did it look?. Duh.. My wife replied "It looked like an Inside Job". I'm not saying that anyone connected to the motel in any way had anything to do with this attempted break in but some things just don't add up.
I was told that my room rate for the night would be reduced to only $50.00 due to my bad experience. We'll see. It has not shown up on my credit card as a credit yet.
Other than that, the property is very nice. Clean, well maintained, roomy and fresh. They allow dogs and that's a plus.
I won't ever stay there again and I recommend that if you do decide to stay there, you ask for an upper floor or at least a room on the ground floor facing the parking lot. The other side of the building is a burglars dream because it is hidden by a 4 foot hight wall and trees. No one can see a burglar breaking into your room there.

Room Tip: Always get a second or third floor room. Stay away from the odd numbered rooms on the ground floor...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express Moreno Valley
12.0 km away
Americas Best Value Inn Riverside

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Moreno Valley? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK