This Garden Inn does not follow the usual layout of the Hilton series which we found a pleasant surprise. The workout facility and pool area were outstanding and far better than at most Garden Inns. The room keys were not programmed for the entire length of our stay which caused what seems like the inevitable trek back to the lobby to get the keys reprogrammed. The room was a bit cramped for two queen beds (even with only two people) but was clean and functional. The construction is not quite as sound proof as many I have been in, but we were not disturbed by noise despite the hotel being sold out. Two attributes stand out for this hotel. One is a relatively convenient location to downtown combined with easy access to Hwy 1. Yes, you can stay right downtown (closer) but when you add up the higher room rate, the parking and internet access, you will pay significantly more to be downtown without any other tangible benefit. The drive between downtown and the hotel is short and easy. A Trader Joes and Peets Coffee are en route for grabbing breakfast items for the in-room fridge or some good coffee. A major shopping center is a short drive away. The price, given the quality of the facilities, the location, and factoring in free parking and free internet access made it a good value for staying in this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Monterey just completed a full property renovation April, 2013 and sits nestled among majestic Monterey Pines and mature Live Oaks in a dramatic and colorful garden setting. We are conveniently located near California's scenic Highway 1, 1/2 a mile from the beautiful beaches of Monterey Bay, and less than three miles from Monterey Peninsula Airport. Our tastefully appointed hotel guestrooms and suites offer: Individually controlled heating and air conditioning, Private outdoor balcony, In-room refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker, complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access and 42 inch flat screen hi-def TV's.Self-parking is available to all guests for $14/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Monterey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Monterey Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Monterey