Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from US$ 49.95
from US$ 48.00
from US$ 94.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

I was visiting Monterey after a camping trip and decided to get an impromptu massage. I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service, quality of massage and how lovely the atmosphere was. I would highly recommend this day spa. All of the staff was helpful, friendly and professional. If I lived in Monterey i would make this place part of my regular routine. Will definitely go back when im in the area .

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed 15 October 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a great experience at this spa. It was relaxing and the atmosphere was very nice. I would recommend this place they do a very nice job. My only issue is that when I paid they did not provide me with change, thus assuming that the rather large amount of money was a tip; which it very well could have been but they should have handed it to me first ( this has happened twice).

2  Thank AJmac2010
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Pros: The setting was like an old house, remodeled very nicely, modern, cozy, relaxing, inviting. Smelly wonderful as soon as we walked in. The staff greeted us, very quietly, mellow, polite. Took us to another beautiful waiting room, with very comfortable loungers. There was many beverages available including tea, coffee, orange juice, and even mamosas...which I did choose to try. We didnt wait long, they came in and led us to a very calm and cozy room where there were two massage beds set up, this was the couples massage room. Wonderful experience. This being my first experience. My partner is a massage therapist so she explained what she was interested in, and then for me(we require different types) and they both did exactly what was requested. I would definitely recomment them. And we both plan on going back.

Date of experience: October 2012
1  Thank DanjerousCurvz
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I was visiting the Monterey area with a friend in July 2012 and booked an appointment for both of us on the recommendation of other TA members. So glad I did! I used the easy online booking service and it was painless and very efficient.

We arrived at the appointed time and were greeted by a friendly and professional receptionist. Our therapists were not quite ready for us so we were escorted into the relaxation/serenity room to wait, and offered champagne, water or tea. The room was lovely and serene with four chaise lounges, soothing music and a mini refrigerator.

I had a 30 minute neck, shoulder and back massage with Lisa that even included my arms and feet ($50). Lisa was extremely skilled, the pressure was perfect, and she had a very healing touch. Her transitions were flawless. She made sure I was comfortable and at ease as this was my very first professional massage. I've had a few since then and nothing compares. My only regret is not booking an hour with her instead.

My friend had an hour with Charlene and commented that it was the best massage she's ever had. She does get regular treatments in her home state so this was a huge compliment.

As I finished before my companion, I was escorted back to the serenity room where I was encouraged to relax and take my time. I also enjoyed a glass of champagne while I waited. I was checked on to see if I needed anything.

This truly was a wonderful experience and amazing way to start off our long weekend vacation. I would not hesitate to go back if I were in the area again. Actually wish Elysium was just around the corner from me instead of out of state.

Date of experience: July 2012
4  Thank azhaelia
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This is the first time I visited this spa. I am a local and received a gift certificate at Christmas. I had a 60 min. neck, shoulder & back massage by Charlene (the owner). What a wonderful job she did! The pressure was perfect and even included my feet and arms.

The only negative was there was no one to greet me as I arrived. I had to roam around to find someone to let them know I was here...finally found a hair stylist with a customer and she told me to just have a seat in the waiting area. Another therapist came out to the desk and didn't know I was sitting there. Finally, Charlene finished her previous appointment and we actually started about 10-15 minutes behind my scheduled time.

It is in a refurbished house converted to a day spa. No saunas or jacuzzi's so you just go for your service or treatment and leave. I would return for the quality and price of the treatment, but not to lounge and relax.

Date of experience: September 2012