“Wonderful service & price”
Review of Elysium

Elysium
Ranked #5 of 16 Spas & Wellness in Monterey
More attraction details
Owner description: Come experience "Total Bliss" with us at Elysium. Offering the best in Custom Facials, Therapeutic Massage, Full Body Waxing, Complete Nail Care and Make up Applicaton. Our trained professionals will pamper you and bring balance to your Mind, Body and Soul. We pride ourselves in giving relaxing massages with every facial, healing results with every massage and warm, caring touches with every services. We look forward to having you as a valued client.
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This is the first time I visited this spa. I am a local and received a gift certificate at Christmas. I had a 60 min. neck, shoulder & back massage by Charlene (the owner). What a wonderful job she did! The pressure was perfect and even included my feet and arms.

The only negative was there was no one to greet me as I arrived. I had to roam around to find someone to let them know I was here...finally found a hair stylist with a customer and she told me to just have a seat in the waiting area. Another therapist came out to the desk and didn't know I was sitting there. Finally, Charlene finished her previous appointment and we actually started about 10-15 minutes behind my scheduled time.

It is in a refurbished house converted to a day spa. No saunas or jacuzzi's so you just go for your service or treatment and leave. I would return for the quality and price of the treatment, but not to lounge and relax.

1  Thank Irmama

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Honestly, I've been to some fabulous spas (many much pricier), but I believe I had the best massage I've ever had at Elysium. The massage therapist had a great touch, and she really seemed to know exactly what to do to knead out the tension in my neck, shoulders and back. It was a great way to start a vacation. I wish I lived near there so I could go all the time!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Due to some health issues (Migraines) I pretty much get a massage twice a month which helps me fend off more frequent headaches. I'm very picky about my massages because I've had so many of them and I prefer a lot of pressure to help release my tense muscles. A good massage therapist is hard to find and I'm so happy that I found Liz at Elysium. Don't be fooled by her petite appearance, she's very skillful at finding all the knots and sore spots on your body and by the end of my 90 minute massage I feel as weightless and amorphous as a jellyfish.

Elysium also offers a great 15% discount to military and dependents which makes my bi-monthly visits affordable. They also have an online scheduling system on their website which makes it easier to plan my visits. I sometimes schedule visits the morning of for a late afternoon session without the hassle of calling the receptionist and waiting over the phone.

The facilities are clean, quiet, and spacious. I am offered water and beverages before and after my session and they place me promptly in the relaxation room after check in. I find their personnel friendly and professional and I am impressed by how consistent they are with their service.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I had a group of six with me. The Elysium Total Bliss Spa was able to accomidate all 6 at one time! This took a lot of time and I'm still amazed that the staff there were able to get six massage therapist's for the 9 am hour on a Saturday!!!! I had Sherry, don't let her fool you by her small frame!!! She provided me with such wonderful pressure! You wount be disappointed! The other 5 gals there LOOOVED their massage's as well!! we plan on going back there as a day trip!!

1  Thank beahbay823
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I have been a Spa Director for over 10 years and I must say I'm thoroughly impressed with this Spa.  I arrived and was greeted at the front desk with a welcoming smile, brought to the Serenity room and was given a robe and slippers.  The gal also offered me a beverage while I waited for my appointment which was a nice touch.   I had a Duo Package deal with Elizabeth and Katie and let me tell you, It was Amazing!!!! One hour Massage and One hour facial for only $150 (I pay that in Vegas for just a massage!)
I asked the Therapist, Elizabeth to really get in there around my shoulders and work out the kinks from traveling and oh boy she sure did!  She is so strong but yet the Massage was also relaxing at the same time.  She did some kind of Thai stretch that released a ton of pressure.   Kate was the Esthetician and I really enjoyed my facial, she was thorough and very informative about all the products.

I would highly recommend this Spa,  Being in the industry let's say I was Impressed! I would have given them 6 STARS if I could!
I was so relaxed and rejuvenated all at the same time I had to crawl to my car.  GOOD JOB Elysium!  Kuddos to the Owner!  The place is very clean and serene!
Thank you for the experience.