We have stayed here several time only the past 3 years and initially our experience was above average. We liked the private feeling of the hotel and it is quite beautiful. However, during our last experience a couple months ago, the bed was EXTREMELY uncomfortable and in fact, it was probably "broken" and we had to change rooms. Initially, they told us they would switch out the bed, but they ended up moving us.
Also, on one of our previous stays, it was obvious that someone either had smoked in the non-smoking room or someone was smoking next door. They were also partying pretty hard and we ended up having to move rooms as well.
If you are planning to stay here, also let them know if you plan a spa treatment because the spa / gym building is on the far end of the property. Also if you dont like to be around kids playing and screaming in the pool, you should also request golf course facing rooms.
Service is extremely courteous and considerate of guests needs. However, the property maintenance and the preparation according to guest expectations may need a little work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 550 deluxe guestrooms and suites and over 40,000 square feet of newly renovated meeting and event space, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa is the most complete hotel destination on the Monterey Peninsula. Nestled in 22 acres of Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey provides the quintessential Monterey experience in a location offering guests close proximity to downtown Monterey, Monterey airport and easy access to the Peninsula's top attractions like Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Pebble Beach. The property offers world-class amenities including two outdoor swimming pools, whirlpools and fire pits, full service tennis facility, state-of-the-art health club, new 12,000 square foot Marilyn Monroe Spa and salon and Pebble Beach Company's Del Monte Golf Course. Also enjoy all three of Hyatt Regency Monterey's unique restaurants and lounges: TusCA Ristorante offers diverse Italian and California cuisine in a beautiful show kitchen setting. Knuckles Sports Bar has been voted #1 by the locals for 10 years straight with 24 HDTV's, 20 draft beers and a full menu with burgers, wings, pizza and more. Fireplace Lounge offers a casual indoor/outdoor environment perfect to enjoy either lunch or dinner and unwind with a glass of wine while listening to live jazz on the weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa on Del Monte Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel Monterey
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Ca