This rental house was everything we were looking for and more! We (6 adults) recently stayed at the Monte Rio Treehouse for a long weekend and enjoyed every moment of it. We were looking for a getaway but still wanted some conveniences like restaurants and activities. We found exactly that and more.
- tucked away enough that it’s private and you feel like you’ve “gotten away” but walking distance to the river, local market, restaurants and bars
- 15 minutes from the coast so plenty of beach and hiking opportunities
- we didn’t go wine or beer tasting (this time) but they are close by so easily accessible
- neighbors and other renters walk their dog, run, walk on the street so there’s decent foot traffic and safe
- updated gas stove and oven that heated up quickly
- furnished with pots, pans, utensils, and even some common pantry items!!
- plenty of counter space to prepare meals
- standard refrigerator to hold perishables
- big enough that 2 - 3 people could be in the kitchen preparing food
Bedrooms and Bathrooms:
- all 3 rooms included a queen size bed (one room also had a wide bench that could easily sleep a child, another had a twin top bunk along with the queen), comfortable linens, and heaters for chilly nights
- hand towels, bath towels, toilet paper and hand soap were provided in both bathrooms
- shower water heated up fast and getting hot water wasn’t an issue, even for 6 adults
Common Living Space:
- dining room comfortably sat 6 people to eat, play games, etc.
- living room easily sat 6 people to play games, watch tv, etc.
- big screen tv with cable was a really nice added bonus!
- waking up to the view of old redwoods was amazing and there is plenty of deck space to enjoy the view from every angle
- patio table and chairs sat 6 people near the fire pit
- medium size grill was clean and worked well to prepare dinner one of the nights
- hot tub was perfect for a chilly night
Lastly, I cannot say enough about how welcomed we felt at the house. The Welcome Book told us everything we needed to know about the house and the owners thought of everything to make sure guests’ felt safe and knew where to could find things they might need. This was a really great experience and we can’t wait to come back for another visit!!
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|
|People with pets|
This was such a fun place to stay! It really did feel like a treehouse. We had a very relaxing weekend enjoying the hot tub, various patios, and well-equipped kitchen at the house. There was plenty of space for all 4 of us, and the house has everything you need. We also loved being walking distance to the Russian River and the town of Monte Rio, and easy driving distance to Guerneville and many wineries. We only wished that we could have stayed longer!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with pets|