“Wonderful, Secluded Vacation Spot”

Huckleberry Springs
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monte Rio
Huckleberry Springs
Ranked #5 of 5 Monte Rio B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2007

My husband and I stayed here during our first visit to the Russian River Valley, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The road leading up to the Inn is very fun, just as the other reviews note. (Make your first drive up the road during daylight hours, if at all possible, to make it seem less confusing and so you can get your bearings.) We stayed at the Cherry Barrel and found it to be very comfortable and charming. We enjoyed early mornings and late evenings on its little porch, looking down the hill and into the distance over the trees. The view from the main house is quite lovely. We were all alone at the resort, and were able to enjoy the hot tub in privacy. The owner and his employee were very friendly and helpful, and made the most delicious breakfasts for us every day. He provided lots of useful advice about where to go on our wine tasting tours. The spot is very secluded, which is great for getting away from it all and enjoying peace and quiet. It's a relatively short drive to restaurants and the store, although we found that once we got back to the cabin at the end of the day, the drive was far enough that we didn't want to leave, so we made sure all our trips and errands, etc. were done before we returned to the cabin. It's a great spot, but there are some walks to the cabins and since it's on a hill, it might not be the best place for small kids. If you have small kids and want to stay, you can always call the owner and talk to him about it. I found it easy to get in touch with him as we planned our stay, and he was very helpful over the phone. My husband and I really enjoyed it, and we hope to return someday for another great visit. I'd like to visit by myself sometime, just to have a few days alone to read in a beautiful, quiet hillside setting, on that cute porch with a bottle (or 2) of wine.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank katalice
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
Reviewed 2 July 2006

Spent two nights at this beautiful place and wish I had booked more. I was looking for someplace quiet and secluded in the redwoods, and this was perfect. The drive is outstanding, up a one-lane road that just keeps getting narrower and higher until you come out on top of a mountain to a lodge and pool with great view overlooking the surrounding forest.
My cabin, pictured, was called the cherry barrel. It's rustic-looking but had every convenience I wanted - coffeemaker, music, nice bathroom, good towels and robe, and a very comfortable bed. The round bedroom has redwood paneling and a round skylight in the ceiling - very nice to wake up to. Halfway down the hill from my cabin was a great in-ground hot tub, which got a lot of use after my days bicycling.
Each day started with a full hot breakfast in the lodge - I chose sausage strata the first day, french toast & bacon the second, both with a fresh fruit & yogurt bowl, coffee and juice. The lodge is quite nice, but is undergoing fairly extensive updating right now (not that I thought it needed it), so I think it will just keep getting better.
In sum, was looking for a good quiet place to get away and spend some time thinking, and wanted a good hot tub and pool. I took a chance on this place - it's not widely advertised, and I could find only one review. I'm so glad I trusted my gut on this one -- it was exactly what I was looking for. However, if you're looking for night life, shopping, or kids' activities, get something in town. Also, there's no phone in the cabin, and a tv/vcr for movie-watching, but no broadcast tv (I saw these things as a plus). I took my xm radio "roady," and it worked great with the cabin's radio.
This place is for those looking for a beautiful retreat from a busy life, or a romantic & secluded place to stay. There are only four cabins and one house to rent, so there will never be a crowd. For me, it was luxury.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank William M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 August 2004

It has been nearly a year since my last visit and I want to go back again. It is like no other Bed and Breakfast you will see. A one-lane dirt road up the mountain to group of 4 cabins. A place where you leave the curtains open because the only one's who will see you are the animals in the forest.

I usually have to backpack for hours to get this kind of beauty and quiet. Here, I have it with all the luxury of a first class bed and breakfast.

I love to stay in the Spring Trail Cottage. It is a steep walk up the mountain but well worth it. The bed is on a loft with a skylight above. What a great place to make love under the stars.

• Stayed: September 2004
1.1 km away
Village Inn & Restaurant
Village Inn & Restaurant
#2 of 5 in Monte Rio

Been to Huckleberry Springs? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK