“Great food and service”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lime
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Elegant food and service for a reasonable price. The trout is unbelievably moist and well-spiced. Great sandwiches for lunch, such as roast beef, cheese, and mushrooms. Linen on the tables. Easy parking. More for your money than going to Pasadena.

1  Thank AdventureReady

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I have eaten both lunch and dinner a few times at this restaurant and have always enjoyed it. It is quiet and pleasant with attentive and friendly staff. Last Friday my husband and I decided to see a movie at the Kirkorian Theater next door and stopped in for an early dinner beforehand. We told our waitress that we had only an hour for dinner so she made sure we got served and had our check in hand with time to spare.

The meal starts with delicious smelling hot bread. I ate two appetizers for dinner - Mussels with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, which was delicious though I left some of it on my shirt, and Gorgonzola, Bacon and Pear salad which sounded delicious but I thought it wasn't very successful. It was a very large plate of salad with too much balsamic dressing on it so it looked more messy than attractive. Although it is pear season, the pears didn't taste fresh - they were probably canned and poached. There was a rather overwhelming amount of bacon. All in all, I thought that a smaller and more elegantly presented portion would have been a big improvement on the salad. My husband ate Linguini with Shellfish and Mushrooms. He said it was very good but the portion was huge and he couldn't finish it. We both had glasses of wine which were very good though there weren't many choices of wines by the glass.

I used to have a friend who loved Caffe' Opera and I took her there a couple of times for special occasions. She loved the Roast Pork which appears on the dinner menu and also as a sandwich on the lunch menu.

On Friday night there was a singer there who added a nice touch. She sang very quietly so as not to be obtrusive but the restaurant is fairly quiet so she was easy to hear. It was very pleasant.

All in all, if you need a meal in Monrovia, I think you can't go wrong with Caffe' Opera.

2  Thank JoyceKing
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I had the blackened salmon with pasta and it's probably one of the best dishes I've ever had. Given that I will add that the service was exceptionally slow. The ambiance in the restaurant was lacking. It's sits un-inviting on the corner and feels like it was built in the 1970's and then never updated. Also the patrons are extremely old. I'm 49 and I'm saying this! So it lacks ambiance, its filled with old people and it has poor service. BUT its one of the best meals I've ever had, so I'll probably go back and see what else is good!

Reviewed 8 November 2010

Sure, the entries are a bit pricey at $17 and up. But the food is superb! My friend had the Mediterranean chicken with salsa and it was incredibly delicious. I had the Trout Almondine and I don't think I have ever had fish that was so good. Then we shared a piece of lemon cake with a lemony white chocolate on the side. Excellent! Nice atmosphere. Not for the fam, but good for special occasions.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook