“Dinner”

Sizzler
Ranked #149 of 527 Restaurants in Modesto
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Reviewed 7 October 2014 via mobile

Sizzler is ok you always get consistent food quality here can get quite crowded its across the street from vintage fair mall. $32.00 for wife and I. Staff is friendly

3  Thank Godshook

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I moved away from the Central Valley many years ago. I only return to visit with our son. Just a week ago my wife and I decided to grab lunch with him at the Elephant Bar on Dale Road, just across the street Sizzler. Apparently Elephant Bar has been having financial difficulties as they closed about a dozen locations, including the Dale Road location in the past few weeks... So, my wife and I (who have not been at this Sizzler since about 3-4 years ago) decided to give it a try. Upon entry, the entire restaurant looked incredibly warm and inviting (very nice décor), and the menus were very appealing and easy to decide upon. The price was a bit more than I recollect, but drinks were included in the meal price... and my drink (a Peach Pie Iced Tea) was out of this world - included real peach slices - very refreshing! My son and I ordered the Malibu Chicken and my wife ordered the steak and grilled shrimp. We were quickly served Texas Toast (which is the best Texas Toast I've ever been served!) and the meal was on the table within ten minutes' time. My wife, son, and I comments numerous times at the table about the quality and taste of the food - all of which was excellent. My wife shared a bite of her steak with me and it was one of the best pieces of meat I've tasted in the past year. Although it was a strip steak, it was every bit as flavorful and tender as a filet mignon. I will definitely be going back soon, and I'd have to say that between the Elephant Bar and Sizzler, Sizzler has Elephant Bar beat hands down!

3  Thank JamesKochheiser
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were greeted by a very helpful and cheerful hostess. Then our server checked on us to make sure our drinks were filled and we had everything we needed.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We were very unhappy with our trip to this restaurant. I had ordered the salad bar, including the appetizer type food that goes along with it. The chicken strips were empty the entire time we were at the restaurant. I asked 3 times to have more made up and they never did make any. The onion rings were cold and stale. The hot food location was messy. Food scattered everywhere, mixed in with other food.
I discussed my issues with our waitress and she rolled her eyes like "What do you expect". The management needs to be aware of these issues and take care of them before we will ever consider going back to this restaurant.

1  Thank Bosco1946
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Food was good, with a variety of options on the salad and hot bar. Service was good as well. The person at POS and the hostess were very personable and friendly. I asked our server to ask the manager if the recipe changed for their Blue Cheese dressing. She was very nice, asked the manager about the dressing, and came back with an answer.

The salad bar offers a wide variety of food options. The hot bar is okay, however they would benefit from adding a few more options other than taco ingredients, mac and cheese, and soup.

Beware - the fried chicken wings on the hot bar are wings with bones vs. boneless wings. They look like boneless wings.