“Great Place !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Bakersfield, California
“Great Place !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Great staff & relaxing stay, room's were comfortable & hot breakfast very good so many item's to choose from. Price was very reasonable , will be back again.

Room Tip: King size bed are great.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

I chose this Comfort Inn based on Trip Advisor reviews. The hot breakfast was the clincher. The breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage waffles and the assorted pastries, breads and refreshment. The room was clean but showed some wear and could use some updating.

However my complaint comes with the $20.00 they charge as a deposit for paying cash. I reserved the room using using a credit card. All my ID was in order and they already had my credit card information. But since I was paying with cash they held an extra 20. When I went to check out in the morning, they had to go to the room and check it out before I got the 20. This is the first time I have ever had this happen when paying cash (and yes I pay cash alot).

Also while there, I learned that pets are allowed but they charge an extra ($50 non refundable) deposit

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Traveler11California
Renton, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

This was our second visit in two years and probably won't stay here again. The overall repair and condition of the Inn seems not a good as in our previous visit. Carpets were stained and what repairs had been made were done poorly. We were in a king room and after I scraped my leg on the bed supports that were sticking out beyond the mattress my husband visited the front desk. They immediately came and adjusted the bed properly. It was quiet and in a good area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We recently stayed at this Comfort Inn in Modesto, CA. I found the hotel at a great rate and new it would be only for a brief overnight stay. I got a terrific rate and checked in late at the hotel. The staff was efficient and friendly, the hotel was about two blocks from a nice area of town. We checked in, went to our room, and after three tries (and slamming my shoulder into the door) the door opened. Inside the room was very hot (no AC on) and had the smell of a smoking room (even though it was designated as non-smoking). We noticed the room was in okay condition, but somewhat outdated.
The breakfast was very limited, cold, and the attendant did not restock items in a timely manner at all. The outdoor dining area was beautiful with a live inground acquarium.
Overall, I think the hotel was not bad for ta one night stay at the discounted price I paid. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the back side of the hotel, it is very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Hot-n-Miami
DENVER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

I travel extensively for my job, but on this occasion I was traveling for personal reasons. My brother, sister-in-law and I had driven up to Modesto from Los Angeles to attend a family funeral. We were unfamiliar with the area and unsure where to stay, so we arrived with no reservations. It was late in the day after a very long drive, and we were exhausted. I normally stay at Hilton Hotels, and we first stopped in at the Marriott down the street, but the rude attitude of the desk clerk sent us right back out to the car despite how tired we were.

We had passed the Comfort Inn, so I called to check on availability and rates. Claire, the front desk person, was utterly charming. She was so helpful and friendly on the telephone that we decided to check out the property. When we arrived, we found a clean, well-maintained facility and a smiling Claire. She was professional and efficient, but also very warm and personable. Our rooms were great, and we loved the courtyard with the koi pond. My sister-in-law commented that it was like a secret oasis. The next morning, Claire was still on duty, and still smiling and gracious. A second young lady was also at the desk, and although I did not get her name she was every bit as friendly.

We don't often get to Modesto, but should any of us ever have occasion to be there again we have agreed we will most certainly choose the Comfort Inn based on this experience.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family