“Our second stay”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This was our second visit in two years and probably won't stay here again. The overall repair and condition of the Inn seems not a good as in our previous visit. Carpets were stained and what repairs had been made were done poorly. We were in a king room and after I scraped my leg on the bed supports that were sticking out beyond the mattress my husband visited the front desk. They immediately came and adjusted the bed properly. It was quiet and in a good area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

We recently stayed at this Comfort Inn in Modesto, CA. I found the hotel at a great rate and new it would be only for a brief overnight stay. I got a terrific rate and checked in late at the hotel. The staff was efficient and friendly, the hotel was about two blocks from a nice area of town. We checked in, went to our room, and after three tries (and slamming my shoulder into the door) the door opened. Inside the room was very hot (no AC on) and had the smell of a smoking room (even though it was designated as non-smoking). We noticed the room was in okay condition, but somewhat outdated.
The breakfast was very limited, cold, and the attendant did not restock items in a timely manner at all. The outdoor dining area was beautiful with a live inground acquarium.
Overall, I think the hotel was not bad for ta one night stay at the discounted price I paid. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the back side of the hotel, it is very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Hot-n-Miami
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I travel extensively for my job, but on this occasion I was traveling for personal reasons. My brother, sister-in-law and I had driven up to Modesto from Los Angeles to attend a family funeral. We were unfamiliar with the area and unsure where to stay, so we arrived with no reservations. It was late in the day after a very long drive, and we were exhausted. I normally stay at Hilton Hotels, and we first stopped in at the Marriott down the street, but the rude attitude of the desk clerk sent us right back out to the car despite how tired we were.

We had passed the Comfort Inn, so I called to check on availability and rates. Claire, the front desk person, was utterly charming. She was so helpful and friendly on the telephone that we decided to check out the property. When we arrived, we found a clean, well-maintained facility and a smiling Claire. She was professional and efficient, but also very warm and personable. Our rooms were great, and we loved the courtyard with the koi pond. My sister-in-law commented that it was like a secret oasis. The next morning, Claire was still on duty, and still smiling and gracious. A second young lady was also at the desk, and although I did not get her name she was every bit as friendly.

We don't often get to Modesto, but should any of us ever have occasion to be there again we have agreed we will most certainly choose the Comfort Inn based on this experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MARY R
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This was one of the lowest price nights on our recent 14-night holiday and we couldn’t believe how good it was for the price. Check-in was super-friendly, helpful and efficient but very natural; the room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. Most importantly, for us anyway, it was very quiet. The staff we met were excellent, especially the lady at breakfast, who really went out of her way to help guests get the most from their experience. Breakfast was good, with a plentiful supply of cereals, pastries, bagels, toast, waffles, fruit, etc, served in a pleasant breakfast room overlooking the pool area. Overall, excellent quality and value for the price. Not too much nearby for dinner, except for Denny’s and Jack-in-a-Box. We ate at the Mexican restaurant (less than 5 minutes walk) where the service was very good and the food plentiful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andrew253
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Good place to stay as titled. The tv channel selection was awesome! I wish more motels had that selection. They do need to do a little repair work on the motel though.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo