“They moved to 34137 Fremont Blvd. in Fremont, and we are so fortunate.”

Penang Garden Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 347 Restaurants in Milpitas
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 14 April 2017

We had a party of 12 that thought we were going to the previous restaurant and were pleasantly surprised to discover the New Penang Garden restaurant. I want this to be my secret spot, but it is more important to get the good news about this restaurant to the masses. We had a table full of foodies that were impressed with dish after dish. A dry riesling or beer would have complimented the food, but this is a no alcohol restaurant.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

We only been here once because we wanted to try something other than Banana leaf to compare the experience with food, was not impress with the food. It was kind of greasy, and place was empty, but service was good, the server was so polite,

Reviewed 23 June 2016

This restaurant offers good Asian food choices. Tried a number of dishes and the roti prata is still the best. The restaurant offers many Malaysian and Singapore dishes but the taste is not 100% authentic. I would give 70 marks on average for the dishes. Service level is average with nice friendly waitresses. The pricing is average and not expensive. It is a good place to fill your stomach with average Asian food. However, it is not a place for fussy eaters that go for food that matches the taste of the dishes in those countries like Malaysia or Singapore.

Reviewed 16 April 2016

I could not say the food was bad or good, it was just food. I have been in other Malaysian restaurants and this one has nothing to offer.
Service is poor, the quality and taste of dishes is just average. I will not come back.

Reviewed 9 December 2015

So I was here last night 12/7/15 at around 9PM because in all my experience traveling to Malaysia, the food is superb. I decided to try the New Penang Garden last night and my experience is that the food is horrible.

The only thing that was halfway decent was the roti canai (but keep in mind, that was my appetizer). Anyhow, I ordered a fresh coconut, which was anything but fresh. It had mold on the outside and was way past its time. That should have sounded the fire alarms, but then I decided to order the Hainan chicken. It seems like they brought out chicken that has sat in the fridge for quite some time because it had a funky smell and was very chewy.

I try to support the small mom-n-pop shops but you have to at least try to give decent value for someone's hard earn money. Unfortunately I think the owners just rolled out week old food and tried to pass it as newly cooked.