“Great location, beautiful hotel”

Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand
“Great location, beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

After staying at a Hyatt the last 4 days we moved to this hotel to go to the outlets. We had low expectations and were pleasantly surprised. The room is bigger and more modern. The big LCD screen 42 inch I think, with digital channels make the colors so vivid. There is free wifi and you can even use one of the few computers they have at their chic lobby connected to free printing. There is indoor pool which we did not use. The location is within walking distance to the great mall.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Katong_VacationGo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bangalore, India
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I've stayed in this hotel for almost 2 1/2 months and liked every day. Clean, best staff, very nice breakfast, close to great mall, good parking space and small things, which matters while staying in hotel room. This was my ever best stay in hotel room.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We paid for weekend specials of about $89 for 2 days. Nice hotel, clean and if not for the massive ongoing renovation, would've been perfect. An easy 3-5 min. walk to the Great Mall. Breakfast buffet had lot of choices, my kids enjoyed the fresh fruits, milk, yogurt, pancakes....Front desk was helpful with the map of the great mall, places to go and restaurants. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2011

It was not a happy surprise to discover that there was construction going on -- the lobby being redeveloped and the exercise facilities closed. The work will be done by sometime in September 2011. Perhaps all will be well then. For now, however,

-- Checkin was in a temporary lobby at the back of the hotel, with no normal facilities
-- Breakfast is in two very cramped re-purposed rooms
-- The exercise room is closed -- there was offer of a free pass to a local gym. Not really the same convenience.
-- My room could have done with a refurbish (the arm kept falling of the desk chair).

All in all, despite a good free internet connection, and a reasonable room rate, I was disappointed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

Bay Area
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I planned to stay at the Courtyard because the TownPlace was sold out and its across the street from Townplace so I figured it would be ok.
The website said it was sold out so I called the hotel directly.
A girl answered the phone who spoke very fast and softly so I didnt get her name. She told me there are alot of rooms available. I asked about a AAA rate. She said she couldnt see it on her computer so she transferred me to central reservations.
The woman at central reservations said there are no rooms. I said then why did the woman from the front desk say there were and transfer me to central reservations? She didnt know and said she would call back the hotel
A man named, Greg, got on the phone. He was borderline rude. He seemed annoyed and said he could make a reservation for me. I said if the hotel is sold out how am I going to get a room? I said I dont want to make the trip there for nothing. He said I would have a room for me. I told him that a woman answered the phone 5 minutes ago who told me there were rooms. He asked for her name. I said she was at your front desk. He said without a name I cant follow up... I thought, ISNT SHE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU??

Bigger issue is if the hotel is sold out, how can I be guaranteed a room even with a credit card??? He was not apologetic for confusion. Didnt seem to care.

I am constantly amazed that people in the "service industry" are pissed off when they have to serve people and fix mistakes that are made.

I am not paid to be insulted for $200 a night.

Room Tip: Reservation exp only hotel maybe ok
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rdngprof
CourtyardMilpitas, General Manager at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize that you felt that you were treated rudely while trying to make a reservation. We always try to accomodate guests and deal with any issues in a polite and professional manner. Unfortunately the week you were trying to book the hotel was almost to capacity, but luckily we were able to accomodate your your request for a room. We are investigating what happened to cause this scenario and will be handling it internally to make sure that it does not happen again. As always with Marriott hotels, we strive to make our guests as happy and comfortable as possible.