“Fun and Fulfilling Restaurant”
Review of Hot Pot City INC

Hot Pot City INC
Ranked #213 of 330 Restaurants in Milpitas
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 6 July 2015

I had discovered this resaturant back in 2004 when I was searching for a fun and satisfying place to celebrate my sons 21st bday. My whole family loved this place and we had been going to eat here til now. We had introduced this to many friends and relatives and they had recommened it to their family and friends, and so forth. We always come out so satisfied and happy. You make your choices from your meats, to veggies, to noodles,make your own sauces, and you grill it and at the same time you can also make your own soups, its worth the price because you have soup and your main course, buffet style...

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hot Pot City INC

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I would say rip off , coz they charge my three kids as an adult. 8,10 and 11 years old. How much food do you think at these age can consume food?at first $ 7.99 is fair , but because it went over yo the hieght limit you aré going to charge them as an adult ....shame on you! Never bring a kid here ,base on hieght requirement your are going to pay $ 18.99.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Hot Pot City used to be better. Seems as though the overall quality has diminished and they've gotten stingier in the shaved ice buffet line. That part is probably the best part of the meal and why we still decided to come. My mom, cousin and his friend were dissatisfied and thought the meal was fair. My husband and I thought it was still a worthwhile visit but we're unsure we'll make the drive there on our next visit. Not bad but not as good as it once was.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My godson and I went there a couple of days ago. It was easy to find and is quite large. They can have smal and large parties. One chooses a broth and the cooking style is TAiwanese so there is a grill that surrounds you hot pot. The whole thing is gas powered and the servers lit it right up for us. Then we went to the buffet to choose what we wanted to put into the cauldron or on the grill. Because we were obviously new, the servers were incredibly kind and generous in cooking food for us and showing us how to do it. You can choose what kind of dipping sauce. It is an all you can eat place although there is a charge for wasting food- ie: leaving a lot of the food you chose sitting on the plate. They take away your plates and encourage you to get a fresh plate.
The only off putting aspect was the whole uncleaned squid which I felt I needed to clean out the entrails and eyes before I cooked it to a lovely tender finish. It was so good I made several.
The dessert and non alcoholic drinks are included in the very reasonable price so we both had yummy shaved ice with a bunch of toppings from which to choose. We were among very few Caucasians enjoying this classic Taiwanese experience but did not feel at all strange.
The bathroom was not as clean as it should have been; there were no seat covers and they were out of paper towels.
Lunch was only $15.99 each before tax not including the beer we ordered. We easily ate that much value without really trying.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is a all you can eat hotpot and Korean BBQ buffet. The price is reasonable. Whenyou go arrive, they'll ask you the type of soap base you like. You have to pay extra for the soup base, otherwise you only get plain water. The soup base is $5 to $10 extra. You can get a bag of soap base at the 99 range in the same shopping center and add it to the water. They are about $2,00

I go there for the lamb. They have all kinds of sauce, and spice for your meal. Soft drinks are free.

The BBQ meats are all seasoned and you grill it yourself. there are plenty of meat, seafood and vegetable. They have a late dinner special after 9:30 for 2 dollars less, but they remove the lamb after 9:30.

It is a pretty popular all you can eat hotpot place. The price is reasonable.