“Great Taiwanese food at good prices!”
Review of Taiwan Cafe

Taiwan Cafe
Ranked #110 of 364 Restaurants in Milpitas
Reviewed 1 March 2016

Wow, finally found an acceptable Taiwanese restaurant around where I live! I came here upon a friend's recommendation, and we came with a group of 6 on a weekend night. It was around half to two-thirds full when we arrived, and we got seated pretty quickly without a way.

Our table shared the pig feet appetizer, which was okay. Honestly, the pig feet at Marina's food court is better than this, as the one at Marina more flavorful. They served a very garlicky soy-sauce based sauce here, but the meat itself didn't have much flavor. For the main dish, I got the pork chop noodle. The pork chop was pan-fried, and it was good! Not too much breading, and the meat was flavorful. The soup was also quite flavorful, as there were small meat pieces floating around in the soup. Also, there were enough vegetables, yay! For the noodles themselves, I would prefer more al dente noodles, but it was acceptable as was. For desert, we all shared the fen guo shaved ice. I don't really know what fen guo is, but it's clear and chewy; I thought it was tapioca, but my friend said it's not. It's covered in shaved ice and black sugar, and overall a very Taiwan-tasting dessert.

The pricing is pretty fair as well; at $8.25 for my pork chop noodle, it was a lot of food and fairly priced. Wouldn't really recommend the pork feet, but the fen guo shaved ice (it's the first one listed on the menu under "Shaved Ice") is unique and tasty. Would recommend, and I will be coming back!

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 20 December 2015

I want to say this is about 3.5 stars. the location is in a older mall next to a 7-11 but once you get inside the decor gives you a bit of a cultural feel. Good food at reasonable prices. Feels a bit like a family owned restaurant with a few modern touches. If you're in the mood for decent Taiwanese food. Check it out. Fried tofu and sausages hit the spot

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 3 August 2015

This is a solid Taiwanese restaurant for natives. The stir-fry conch with basil and lots of ginger was excellent. The house beef stew noodle came with tender beef chucks and beef broth. The fried tofu was just okay though. We finished the meal with shaved ice and red bean. My dinning companion commented on how this meal brought back childhood memories!

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 29 July 2015

This is a nice place with very decent dishes for haka food. The portion is good. They use large size shrimps and food is consistent. The price is great and service in general good. However, the place gets crowded around 7:pm with waiting line even the number of tables/seats are many. There is another haka restaurant nearby. The cooking and flavor is similar but less portion-wise.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 10 September 2014

Next time you're craving something good I would recommend this restaraunt, their Taiwanese food this is very delicious and authentic.

Date of visit: February 2014