“On their roasted meat”

Won Kee Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 347 Restaurants in Milpitas
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 11 February 2018

We were in the San Jose area for the weekend and stayed pretty close to this mall. There are plenty of restaurants in this huge mall but we particularly wanted Cantonese noodle and roasted meat. So Won Kee was it! This place is bigger than I expected. Service was good. We ordered the wonton noodle, which was not up to my standard as far as the wonton goes. But, the 3-item roasted meat with rice was exceptional! I was surprised to see so much meat on my plate and it was just around $10. Napa cabbage must be on sale. They were on both items we ordered. I have never seen napa cabbage in any wonton noodle though. My advice, stay away from the wonton but do order their roasted meat, especially the roast pork. Crispy and delicious!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Today I try the roast duck wanton noodle soup. The roast duck here is very nice, but I don't like the noodle as it is soggy. This is a Hong Kong style Chinese Cantonese restaurant, but when I order the noodle soup, I really hope that they will use something close to Hong Kong style noodle, which is more chewy and tasty. The wanton in the soup is not bad. Next time I will try the roast duck rice instead of the noodle again.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant has an extensive menu that covers practically all of the popular Chinese dishes. While the execution was passable, none of the dishes stands out as exceptional. Nonetheless, it is still good for a quick bite of your favorite comfort food.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

We came here for a family reunion. We made reservations and tried to preorder the food but they said it wasn't necessary; they said we could order when we arrived. We had to change the number of our party a few times and they were always very patient. Our tables were ready when we arrived. The food we ordered was very tasty and hot.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

As vacationers, this place was chosen by our relative living in San Jose. This is a good place for reasonable priced food. There is not much decor. The BBQ platter was flavorful. Other food items were also good. Our server spoke Cantonese. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. This restaurant appeared to offer a good carryout menu. We saw many customers doing carry-outs.