US$ 166
  • Pool
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn(Millbrae)(Great Value!)
US$ 183
US$ 161
The Westin San Francisco Airport(Millbrae)(Great Value!)
US$ 158
US$ 150
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 224/night.

US$ 156
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 205/night.

US$ 217
US$ 162
Ritz Inn(San Bruno)
US$ 122
US$ 179
All reviewsbart stationsan franciscofree shuttleclose to the airportwafflesboutique hoteldrug storefree breakfastnext morningpublic transportationhard boiled eggseasy accesswould stay here againdecent breakfastclean roomsbreakfast areaconvenient location
Reviewed 20 August 2017

The Dylan is by no means a luxury or even a 4-star hotel. It is a boutique hotel that looks more like a motel from the outside. We wanted something close to the airport and not too expensive on our last day/night in San Francisco. We chose the Dylan as we wanted to try a new hotel that wasn't necessarily part of a chain.

As our Uber driver was closing in on the hotel, there was a second of doubt in my mind about staying there. As I mentioned, the hotel from the outside looked more like a motel. But I decided to not say anything and give the Dylan a chance. The lobby is quite small, with a little sitting area and shelves of hard-bound books around. There is also a small breakfast area that has a few tables and sits about 25-30 people. I would describe the decor as contemporary. The front desk staff was very friendly and checked us in quickly.

Our room was located on the 2nd floor. It certainly looked like a motel room, with upgraded decor. We had a queen bed, which wasn't too bad comfort-wise. The bathroom decor was upgrade and had the basic amenities (shampoo, soap, and lotion). The closet did not have a door but at least there was both a hairdryer and ironing board. There was also a coffee maker.

The biggest pluses of The Dylan in my opinion are the proximity of the Bart/Caltrain station to the hotel and the free shuttle to the airport. We had to walk only about 2 city blocks to get to the station. There are also some fast food places around if you need food in a pinch.

All in all, this hotel is good because of its location, but not so much the amenities. Frankly, I would, next time, shell out 50-60 dollars more a night for a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We were amazingly surprised by this cute little hotel/motel near SFO. The rooms were great and clean. The hotel feels really secure even though it's a "motel" type. Breakfast was great. It's really quiet and not too expensive. Would go back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017

My husband and I stayed here in July and loved it. We definitely want to stay again when we return to the area. Our room was clean and quiet and the hotel is very conveniently located. It is 5 minutes walk from grocer stores, the Bart trains into San Francisco and even closer to a restaurant. The free breakfast had a good selection and they even had free parking. It really enhanced our visit to stay here. The front staff was very pleasant as were the cleaning staff. The only small draw back was the breakfast area was quite small, so you had to be very early or very late to get a seat, but you could always carry the food back to your room.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I travel a lot and did not by any means expect a luxury experience at this hotel. However, for the price it fell short of what I would recommend.

First and foremost, this hotel is an exterior corridor hotel. The pictures try to hid that and they did a good job trying to make it feel updated, but for me that was a deal breaker. The doors stuck and I had to yank on mine to get it open/closed. I could also hear every single person that walked by and in the rooms next door which was a little annoying. The hallways were dark and cold at night and not ideal.

Secondly, the front desk staff was sub par. In the early morning I went down to get water/tea in the lobby and wanted to ask the front desk clerk some things, he sat in his chair in an adjoining room and answered my questions while watching something on his monitor and not even looking at me. It was utter chaos at check out with the phone ringing and people running all over behind the desk as well.

Breakfast was okay, but plan on buying food elsewhere as it does not provide any sustenance.
The airport shuttle took 25 minutes to come as well, so plan accordingly.
The wifi was good, that is the only good thing about the property.
If it was cheaper then I would say that it was a good value and you get what you pay for, but I will choose better next time I am in SFO.

Room Tip: Rooms are Exterior Corridor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2017

The room is nicely decorated. Love the little reading lights. This is our second stay and would stay there again. We returned to an excellent Italian Restaurant called Ole' Solo Mio that is close to the hotel. We had some nice treats in our room including earplugs. Maybe someone told them about my husband's snoring.

Room Tip: We were on the backside of the hotel. I enjoyed the sounds of the train
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple