From my perspective, every hotel has a value proposition that deals with the three 'P's: Price, Property, and People.
So, let's talk about those here.
The prices at this hotel are better than the local average and as a value, in particular for travelers coming in and out of SFO, this place is perfect. You will be hard-pressed to find a place as nice for under $200 this close to the airport, BART, Train, and other public transportation, shops, restaurants and other amenities.
We were in one of the deluxe rooms, with two beds, nice flat screen, microwave, fridge and coffee bar, as well as a balcony. First let me say this: The bed was the most comfortable I have slept in in years, and that is saying something since I already sleep in a heavenly bed at home. This rivaled a top notch bed in the best five star hotels. The pillows were a perfect balance of soft and firm and there were plenty of them.
The room was tastefully decorated, immaculately clean and left nothing to desire. The bathroom was small, but efficient, and also immaculately clean.
I've seen a few commentaries from other folks complaining about noise from the train station. Our room was right across from the station, and we did not find noise to be an issue at all. Furthermore, the benefit of proximity to the station by far would outweigh any issues we may have had regarding hearing trains.
Another thing I read that others were complaining about was that it was a former Travelodge, somehow implying that it wasn't up to a new standard. How silly! There was nothing whatsoever about our room that made it appear to be a 'lesser' establishment. Quite the contrary, the room was easily comparable with any number of 5-Star hotels I've stayed in around the world. The fact is that you can always redesign a property, and they have done a fine job on this property, so these complaints strike me as unfair or inappropriate.
Well... if the Dylan hadn't done a good job with all of the above, then their people would have made up for all of it for sure! From the clerk who helped us with our reservation who was well-informed, pleasant, gracious, polite and considerate, to the gentleman working the desk when we arrived. It was crystal clear that the staff fully intended to see us well-treated and at home while here - and in that they did a fine job, indeed!
I highly recommend this hotel, and would stay here again without reservation... that is to say, I would make a reservation, of course, but without hesitation! :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family owned boutique hotel with newly remodeled guestrooms (2014) is conveniently located 1 mile from the San Francisco Airport (SFO) with free 24-hour SFO Airport shuttle bus service to and from the SFO airport. They offer free parking for your night of stay; however, no car is necessary as they are within 100 yards of the Millbrae BART (rapid transit)/Caltrain station-your gateway to San Francisco and the Silicon Valley. Aside from Their superior location, there are other perks that will make your experience with them even more special. Every morning guests will enjoy a free deluxe continental breakfast featuring hard-boiled eggs, ham & cheese, tasty in-house-baked goods, freshly made granola, fresh waffles and so much more. Come back to the front desk in the afternoon to enjoy freshly baked cookies, tea and coffee. Talk to their friendly front desk staff about San Francisco tour recommendations, they are happy to assist you with planning. The Dylan is proud to offer free high-speed wireless Internet throughout the hotel, making it easy for you to catch up on work or emails. Lounge by the fountain in their relaxing Tuscan themed patio complete with comfy seating and lantern lighting. They recently completed the remodeling of their guestrooms in 2014. They took an artistic approach to their new room designs and worked with famous surrealist photographer Thomas Barbey to select each piece of his dreamy artwork to display in their guestrooms. Look closely at the art and you'll begin to recognize icons from all around the world, including San Francisco. Each room is stylized to highlight the beauty of his work. If you enjoy unwinding in front of the TV, you'll love watching HBO on the 40 inch LCD flat screen TVs that they've provided in each guestroom. Their modern all American made furniture adds a touch of sophistication to their room design and unlike most hotels, they've incorporated ample USB ports and electrical outlets into every headboard and desk as they know the importance of staying connected to loved ones and colleagues. Their stunning new bathrooms feature spacious showers with imported Spanish porcelain tile, frameless glass shower doors and relaxing rain showerheads. For over 2 decades, they have been committed to offering their guests a quality stay at an extremely competitive rate. Their excellent reviews and awards, including the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, attest to this. Stay with them and see how easy and stress-free traveling can be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Dylan at SFO reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dylan At Sfo Hotel Millbrae
- Travelodge Hotel Millbrae
- Travel Lodge Millbrae
- Travelodge Millbrae
- Millbrae Travel Lodge
- Millbrae Travelodge