“Yes, Szechuan near the airport!”

YiYuan Szechuan Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 107 Restaurants in Millbrae
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Wow, this is seriously one of the best meals I've had in SF, which is close to the airport. If I ever have a long layover, I will always come here now to get my spicy Chinese food fix!

You must get the spicy crab special. We ordered two between 4 of us - it took at least 45 min we were speechless when it arrived and we are even though we were full from the rest of our meal. Other two items to try's hand pulled noodles (soup or fried), then the spicy fried chicken -- apparently another speciality. Finish with the red bean paste sesame seed balls - I get these all the time in dim sum, but this place gets the ratio down perfectly, simply the best.

When in doubt, ask your server, and he'll point you the right direction. Everyone else around us were Asian locals -- this place is legit and it blew our expectations away.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

I had their House Special noodle dish, which has a combination of meats (shrimp, chicken, beef) and vegetables in a nice, tasty brown (not spicy, as most Sichuan dishes are) sauce. Glancing at what was presented to other tables, the dishes all appeared attractively and appetizingly presented. Well worth more visits. The servers seemed friendly and offered advice/suggestions. The chef is an award winning chef formally trained in China, and is master of a wide variety of styles of Chinese food.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

This is s very nice restaurant and we absolutely loved it! We ordered way too much food and because we were traveling had no way to take leftovers - I hated to leave that mu shu pork and that orange chicken SO BAD because it was SO GOOD. The service was excellent! Wish we lived closer to here, I would visit often.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Very very tasty Chinese food. I was surprised the food was so good especially the salt and pepper Fish filet and crab dinner. The fried rice is very good. The service is very slow.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

A combination of Sichuan and other Chinese food. They do make the dishes very spice and hot. Staffs are courteous and foods are service soon after our order. They even make Sichuan stretched noodles in the restaurant, which is interesting to see. However, their menu mixes Sichuan and non-Sichuan dishes. You might be mistaken all of the spicy foods are Sichuan. They are actually not. Better go with someone who can tell the difference. They do not accept American Express card.