“Excellent Food but Noisy”
Review of Zen Peninsula

Zen Peninsula
Ranked #27 of 109 Restaurants in Millbrae
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Description: Zen Peninsula is a modern Hong Kong style chinese restaurant. It specializes in Dim Sum, Seafood, traditional Chinese dishes as well as modern Hong Kong style dishes that gives you great taste and surprises. Great place for business lunch, family dinner and big party.
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Was there two days ago for a Red Egg & Ginger Party. All food was tasty, and well prepared. We had everything including Dim Sum, soup, Beijing Duck, New Years chicken, fish in black bean sauce, crispy noodles, fried rice, vegetables & more. However, the restaurant was so crowded that it was somewhat difficult to converse with others at the table, and the hosts could not make their toasts.
The wait staff was quick, but kept putting remainders of one platter on another dist to make room for the next course. Felt a little rushed. No large private rooms.
Since I was a guest, I don't know what the food cost. It just arrived at the table!

Reviewed 20 November 2016

On a damp, cold rainy Bay area evening, I was needing some hot soup, so I walked over here from the Best Western next door to pick some up...
so glad I did!!
I highly recommend the Wor Won Ton Soup, whether your getting it to go, or eating in!
It was packed with seafood, veggies & won tons.. delicious!!

the staff I talked to while ordering and waiting were professional, friendly & helpful.

I didn't even notice, until I left that this was a Michelin Recommended Restaurant until I was leaving & seen all the awards by the door.

A must try if in the area.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

I had dim sum in San Francisco's Chinatown last year and I was very disappointed, but my experience at Zen Peninsula was amazing! There was so much variety, everything was so flavourful and fresh, service was excellent, and they delivered everything by cart! (the old fashioned way) My whole Chinese family was extremely pleased. I will definitely return!

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We noticed this place while returning to our hotel (in San Bruno) from the local FedEx office. We decided to stop in. We were delighted with the immediate attention from the staff. It has a large live seafood tank in the entry that contained some of the largest King crabs and lobsters that I have seen. We had egg drop soup, seafood in a clay pot and egg rolls. The food was delicious and freshly made. Our waiter was a Chinese gentleman named Kent. He was attentive and friendly. This was a nice surprise.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

The place is usually very good. We love the food even though prices are high. Our last trip there was not nice though. 1st it took forever to get service. Once we got service we waited and waited for our food. The wait staff was terrible. Then to top it off we waited for 30 minutes to get out bill. Thru it all the food was not up to par. I think the manager was off tonight