“Excellent food and service”
Review of Zen Peninsula

Zen Peninsula
Ranked #29 of 107 Restaurants in Millbrae
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Description: Zen Peninsula is a modern Hong Kong style chinese restaurant. It specializes in Dim Sum, Seafood, traditional Chinese dishes as well as modern Hong Kong style dishes that gives you great taste and surprises. Great place for business lunch, family dinner and big party.
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We noticed this place while returning to our hotel (in San Bruno) from the local FedEx office. We decided to stop in. We were delighted with the immediate attention from the staff. It has a large live seafood tank in the entry that contained some of the largest King crabs and lobsters that I have seen. We had egg drop soup, seafood in a clay pot and egg rolls. The food was delicious and freshly made. Our waiter was a Chinese gentleman named Kent. He was attentive and friendly. This was a nice surprise.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

The place is usually very good. We love the food even though prices are high. Our last trip there was not nice though. 1st it took forever to get service. Once we got service we waited and waited for our food. The wait staff was terrible. Then to top it off we waited for 30 minutes to get out bill. Thru it all the food was not up to par. I think the manager was off tonight

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

I wanted REAL Chinese food done the Chinese ways. What I ordered was tastier than I expected. The waitress was very pleasant BUT she gad no idea what cocktails could be made at the bar. The portions were of good size; appetizer, soup, entree all of good size but each cane too soon. Sometimes I had food waiting all over the table while I finished the previous portion. I had a soup bowl that was huge ... Good experience ... They gave me only chopsticks but I had to use a serving spoon to actually eat; they seemed a little put out when I asked for a knife and fork ...

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Had brunch here during my recent visit to S.S.F. Good Cantonese dim sum with a lot of variety. Good service and the price is reasonable.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

Stopped by here on a Saturday for lunch. Although there were hardly any carts, much of the food is brought around to each table by women carrying trays of food. It's actually probably better than the carts because carts are hard to maneuver and sometimes the carts just stick to the main paths and don't go to the further reaches of a restaurant. There was a good variety of dim sum and it was all good. If you don't see something you want, they provide a paper with the choices so you can check off what and how many of something you want. Be careful though, because we had checked off a couple of dishes we were interested in on the sheet thinking we were not going to use the sheet but ultimately asked for some spring rolls. They took our sheet and ended up bringing us some other stuff that we had not wanted because they saw we had checked it off even though we specifically circled only the spring rolls and told them as much. Here's a big tip - no one speaks English. So be prepared to say "no" many times before they understand and be very specific on any instructions.