“Yakitori! Saba!”

Bashamichi Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 109 Restaurants in Millbrae
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Japanese
Description: Serving authentic Japanese cuisine with American flair. Sukiyaki, Tempura, Tonkatsuand Sashimi. US prime grade steaks. Assortment of Japanese appetizers. Featuring Satsuma Wagyu Tataki and Steak. Casual dining with superior food experience. Wine and Sake bar. Open for lunch. Lunch box (Obento box) Hamburg with demi glace sauce with rice. Katsu Curry. Steak Tataki salad with garlic vinaigrette dressing.
Reviewed 19 May 2018

My daughter from Hollywood loves Japanese cuisine and, staying at the attached hotel, we had dinner at Bashamichi. The Yakitori, grilled chicken on skewers with a teriyaki-like sauce, was very tasty. The sticky rice was perfect for eating with chopsticks. And her saba, grilled mackerel, was done just right. Service wasn't fast but that was okay, i.e., more time with daughter! Will eat there again.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We were staying in the motel next to the restaurant and didn’t feel like driving anywhere. So we tried it and enjoyed it. I had the tempura, which was tasty and not greasy, and my spouse’s chicken teriyaki was the best he ever had. The owner/hostess was gracious and welcoming. The prices were reasonable. The wine choices were limited but adequate. Verdict: eat here if you have the chance to do so.

1  Thank NancyVoyager
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We were visiting from Hawaii and were in Millbrae overnight after our flight into/out of SFO. We ate here twice and both times the food and service were excellent.

The first time we ate here it was just my husband and me. He had the Sukiyaki and I had the Chicken Teriyaki meal. My husband enjoyed the Sukiyaki and said it was very filling and the sauce/soup base was very flavorful. The Chicken Teriyaki was tender and delicious. We both ordered the miso soup, while he had a fresh green salad as a side and I had the white rice, which was fluffy and of good quality. The second time we were here, my husband and I ordered the same dishes and our two sons accompanied us and they each had the Chicken Katsu Curry and a side of Tempura. They said the curry was great and the tempura was crisp and not oily. They both enjoyed their meals.

The owner Kaoru and our server Thomas were so pleasant, welcoming and efficient. They kept checking to see if we were enjoying our meal. Both times the restaurant filled quickly with other patrons who appeared to be regulars, which to us says a lot about the quality of the food and service.

1  Thank izsmom
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Like many reviewers, I stayed at the hotel where this restaurant is located. The food was not bad but then again I don't eat at a lot of Japanese restaurants. I had the chicken teriyaki and it was good. The waitresses were very nice. My only problem was that the place is so crammed and noisy when it's busy. You really need to talk loud with people in order to hear them! Maybe it's less noisy the further back you go in the restaurant. I really enjoyed my meal but the restaurant is just so busy and loud!

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We were just passing through and the location was convenient (in the hotel we were staying next to the airport). We selected 4 of the appetizers and the miso soup. These were good. But our entree was the grilled salmon and it was over cooked, and the texture was very uncharacteristic. Our server was friendly and they were efficient. We would go back and we would recommend others. But I recommend avoiding the cooked salmon.

1  Thank Joshua W