“Authentic Chinese; fresh made noodles; a fun local ethnic restaurant”
Review of Chef Wang

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chef Wang
Ranked #18 of 104 Restaurants in Millbrae
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 April 2015

I can't wait to go back. The pot stickers were to die for! All of the ingredients were fresh and home made. It is not a fancy place, it is a nice, clean local family restaurant. Everything we tried was authentic and good. It is near the San Francisco Airport and worth the stop if you are in the area.

1  Thank DSD91

Reviewed 18 April 2015

Chef Wang offers basic Chinese fare, speedy service and moderate prices. Seafood and vegetables are fresh and well-prepared, and the ice cold Tsingtao beer is refreshing. The décor is unremarkable; noise levels were low when we ate there, but we arrived late and had missed the busy dinner hour. Many of the more interesting menu items (we assume) are the ones posted on the wall in Chinese; perhaps eating at Chef Wang with someone who speaks the language would open up some excellent options. Overall, a good value, and conveniently located across the street from the Millwood Inn (where we stayed).

Reviewed 17 March 2015

We went here at the recommendation of the owner of the hotel we were staying at. It's just across the street (El Camino Real) but not an easy one to cross. The appetizers were quite good--a set of egg rolls with a not-too-sweet dipping sauce. I had a small (read huge) bowl of wor wonton that was very tasty with a nice undertone of ginger. My wife had the egg flower soup (it had shreads, chopped tomatoes, and tofu) in an interesting light broth. My fie's entree was mango-flavored prawns. Even though she requested "slightly" hot, it was definitely spicy My beef with snow peas was good but very bland. If I ever go back, I would concentrate on the appetizers and soups--that would boost the restaurant to a 4.

Reviewed 5 March 2015

Stopped here for lunch on the recommendation of our shuttle driver. Nice, local place. Much of the menu is in Chinese and most of the lunch guests were Chinese - a good sign. I went with the mango beef and my colleague had the asparagus beef. Mine was a little light on the meant, but otherwise very tasty. Lunches cam with egg drop soup and a small salad - and hot tea. Total bill for two came to a bit under $15!

Reviewed 12 October 2014

Had a Chinese Combination meal, very pleased with service and price. This is where the local Chinese go to eat, so that says it all !