“In and Out: An Out-of-Towner's Perspective”
Review of In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out Burger
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Millbrae
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 July 2015

From one Out-of-Towner to another (or so I'd assume), I have three words of advice: DON'T BE INTIMIDATED.
(1) Don't be intimidated by In and Out's reputation. Sometimes, as a traveler, I'm intimidated by an restaurant's reputation (e.g., Why is this place so popular? Will I know (a) how/what to order or (b) how to act/dress/etc. when I'm there?) and I allow that to influence my decision on whether to go there or not. In and Out isn't that type of restaurant -- it's not pretentious, it's not pricy, it's just a good burger and even better fries at a great price.
(2) Don't be intimidated by the crowds at In and Out. As noted above, In and Out is really popular, having a reputation that goes beyond the five states where there are restaurants (CA, UT, NV, UT, and TX). Because of that, there will no doubt be people there -- lots of people -- but the service at In and Out is fast (hence, "fast" food) and there's seating both inside and out. If you're patient, you'll find seating even during "rush hour".
(3) Don't be intimidated by In and Out's menu. It's pretty simple: hamburgers or cheeseburgers, fries, shakes and other beverages... there's even a grilled cheese option. The burgers come from one to four patties high with a special "Thousand-Island-like" sauce... but make sure to save room for the fries (which I personally believe are addictive). They're a hot and tasty, perfectly-seasoned version of old-fashioned Potato Stix plus some.

HELPFUL HINTS:
(1) Before you get there, look over the online menu and know what you want. In and Out isn't run by Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi", but it really helps to know you want. (Because there aren't lots of options, there's not a lot of time between getting in line and ordering.)
(2) There are several "Specials" combining a burger, fries and beverage. These are great options for those who want a taste of everything.
(3) We noticed a lot of "locals" who ordered some sort of special sauce -- something like the "Thousand-Island-like" burger sauce -- on their fries. We didn't order ours that way, but those who did seemed thrilled.
(4) In and Out is open late (till 1:30 am) for those who arrive at SFO after other restaurants have closed for the evening.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

So, in the end, our food was great - Totally what one expects at any In-N-Out!

Meanwhile, two of us, and one other guy we weren't with, had to wait over 20 minutes to get our food.. While EVERYONE who was before us and after us got theirs!

Frustrating part was, when we asked what was going on, the answer was, "Sorry, it's just sort of random".. What's "it"?? As in, the staff is incapable of knowing which numbers come before which?

We understand that some things could possibly take longer to prepare, but all we had were fries and burgers - Nothing "complex".

So their attitude is the only thing that just wasn't cool. Place was clean, etc..

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Convenient location. Good value for money burgers. Best late night joint in the area. Parking available. Clean restrooms and friendly staff/ kids.

Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

Dang this is a good burger. Clean restaurant and always a helpful, joyous staff. In-N-Out burger joints are smartly placed throughout the West, my friends and I always hope they'll come East.

I love stopping here in California for a fantastic cheeseburger.

Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

Nice burger, free beverages (you pay for the first only) tables outside, fast service, polite staff. Also try pink lemonade and milk shake. They serve protein style burger. All the ingredients without bread. It has letucce instead. Ask fot it... it is not on the menu board.

Been to In-N-Out Burger? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK