“Great Place for Dinner!”

Highlands Ranch Resort Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Mill Creek
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to Deer Creek and Battle Creek to hike and found this place with spectacular views of Lassen for dinner. Food was great - We ordered Sashimi Tower, Champagne Pear Salad, Silver Salmon and Seafood Paella. Will definitely come back if we visit the area again.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Highlands Ranch Resort Restaurant

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I read about this restaurant in preparation for our trip to the area and although we chose to stay at another property, I wanted to try the restaurant. Maybe it was an off night because they were having a special event (a concert on the lawn- which seemed fun and I wish that I had known about it earlier to buy tickets). When we arrived, it just seemed like everyone was busy and no one offered us a smile. The decor is gorgeous....it's a luxury ranch style resort and every detail has been thoughtfully curated...I especially loved the incorporation of textiles, the large wooden bar and open concept. Compared to the other restaurants (and excellent food) that we tried in the area, the price point is way off the chart so while our meal was good, I was disappointed with the overall experience. Our server was rushed, didn't offer us drinks or information, just came to take our order and disappeared...when our food arrived, it was delicious (except for the "adult mac and cheese" which had a grainy texture and our teenager wouldn't eat it)...but there were missing and incorrect items. Two of us never received our salads and the sides were wrong. When I flagged down our waitress to let her know, she said "Oh" and just left again...she didn't correct the issue and we never saw her again until she brought the check (no offer of coffee of desert menu) when she told me that she had taken the items we never received off of our check....What I actually wanted was for her to bring them out so we could enjoy what we ordered! She also never apologized...she made us feel like we were bothering her from the start- not like guests. Overall, I am not sure if I would try it again....I don't mind paying $$$ for the complete fine dining experience but again- everyone has an off day.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I'm a local....visited Highlands Ranch about a year ago and had a great meal. The setting is excellent....clean, well-kept, gracious staff. I had fish & chips and the caprese salad (summer menu item). Both excelled. BUT....we returned about March, possibly April of 2017....I ordered the fish & chips and was thoroughly disappointed. Staff and facility was still excellent. The fish was worse than nominal. I've heard other locals with the same assessment....the quality of food varies...a lot. It varies too much for me to return.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We stayed in a cottage for two nights and enjoyed two breakfasts, two dinners and one visit to the bar for an appetizer. The owners seemed to have a presence a lot. Josh, a bartender was very nice. The servers were all nice and attentive with the exception of our last one who was stressed out at breakfast and didn't mind letting us know. The food tasted very good and is of high quality. Breakfast is included with the room rate. I recommend they eliminate the self-serve coffee bar and have the servers bring coffee to the table.

1  Thank Huachucakid
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I've here a few times now. This time for lunch. Sat outside on the deck overlooking a gorgeous meadow on a beautiful sunny day. The food and drinks have always been outstanding. The service, not so much. It's a good thing we were not in a hurry on this day as our server certainly wasn't. That aside, if you want an excellent meal in a relaxing environment, you will get it here. I'll be back again... and again.

1  Thank ChangeAdvisor