“What's to rate?”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“What's to rate?”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

have driven past this place for years and don't see anything to rate about it. Has always had a convertible parked out by the driveway with a sign in the backseat giving the name but nothing has ever enticed me to slow down, stop and take a look. Yesterday did see them putting up a new sign so maybe they are planning something.

2 Thank ktmaui
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

California
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Nice Chardonnay, worth a very quick stop.”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We enjoyed the chardonnay and purchased same. Had fun petting the friendly horses. When we arrived no one was in the tasting room. We found a man out in the field working who came in and poured the wine. It was late in the day so maybe he was tired, but he stood and examined us with no smile and no desire for conversation. Perhaps investing in a door bell and lightening up the tasting room atmosphere with some music, posters talking about how Beaver Creek Vineyards are different.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank Designer-at-Large
Guerneville, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Was not Impressed”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My husband and I stopped at Beaver Creek Winery after a trip to Harbin Hot Springs. We live in Sonoma County and always like to try out new wineries. First off, we did not realize there was a $10.00 per person tasting fee. The flyer saying so was underneath someones tasting menu, but I suppose we should have asked first. Regardless, there were very few wines worth buying with the exception of the Zinfandel from Russian River Valley. Normally, a winery will waive the tasting fee if you buy a bottle, which I was willing to do, however, come to find out that you have to buy $50.00 worth of wine before that tasting fee is waived. That is certainly not typical in the wine industry. I negotiated with the winemaker and he was willing to waive the tasting fee if I bought a $29.00 bottle of wine, which I did-the 2008 Russian River Valley Old Vine Zinfandel. When I got home and took a good look at my receipt he had charged me $39.00! Even at that, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, thinking that maybe it was more expensive because it was from Russian River Valley, but NO, the online price is $29.00. I truly think he intentionally ripped us off. Need I say, do NOT go to this winery. Even the $10.00 tasting fee is not worth it for the poor quality of the wines.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Winefan712
Harlingen, Texas
“Authentic and Refreshing Organic/Biodynamic Cutting-edge Winery”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Radan Bruno Kolias partner and winemaker is an extraordinary gentleman from Chekezlovakia with a contagious ZEST for life. He was amazing in his detailed explanation of the prudency of Organic/Biodynamic winemaking. His passion for his art was conveyed in his display of all things natural. But, the very very best part was tasting all his vintage. Excellent, smooth, soft, savory, I guess lip-smacking if there is such a thing to describe wine. Needless to say $250 was exchanged without question. If you want a tourist trappy, big venue, this is not your place. If you would love to understand, experience and appreciate excellent wine made as authentic as nature intended, then this is your place. Thank you sooo much Radan for your personal hospitality. : )

Visited July 2011