Stanford Park Hotel
Red Cottage Inn(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 191
US$ 170
Menlo Park Inn(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 192
Hotel Lucent(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 279
US$ 339
Stanford Inn(Menlo Park)
US$ 200
Travelocity
Rosewood Sand Hill(Menlo Park)
US$ 724
US$ 703
Residence Inn Palo Alto Menlo Park(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 391
US$ 313
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Keen(Palo Alto)
US$ 262
  • Breakfast included
1,071 results
All reviewspalo altomenlo grillsilicon valleyfreshly baked cookiesel caminobeautiful hoteltrain noiserooms are spaciouswine tastingi highly recommend this hotelluxury hotelfitness centerbusiness tripfire pithome away from homebusiness centerstratford
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2018

WORST experience ever!!!!! If there is a 0 star, I will definitely rate that.

I stayed in this hotel on the end of December 2017, and when I left, I forgot my shirt in the closet. Then I called back IMMEDIATELY, and they said they found it. Therefore, I asked my friend to pick up for me, since I was leaving at that night. The day before my friend came, I had called the hotel again, and told them when my friend would come, and what my friend’s name was, but when my friend was at the front desk, they said they didn’t have it ready. Then my friend flight back to school without my shirt. Then I called back again, and the front desk staff said they found it and will ship it to me, so I left my address and credit card information and then waited. After a long time waiting, I still didn’t received anything. So I called again and again, and each time they just kept saying that they had found it and they will ship it to me within 24hrs. But I still received nothing, plus THEY NEVER CALL ME BACK!!!!!

During the past two months, I had made enough phone calls, but heard nothing back. Therefore, I decided to come by the hotel during the spring break myself.

Update:

Feb 22nd 2018, I called them again, and asked them about my shirt, and they told me the exact same answer that I have heard multiple times. They promised me that they will ship within 24hrs, but this time, I chose not to trust them, and booked the flight to SF at the same time.

Mar 10th 2018, I specifically flight back to SF during the spring break, and drove to this hotel again, in hoping of bringing the shirt back. However, I didn’t stay in this hotel, because of the previous experience.

Result: They said they don’t have it right now, but once they found they will call me. As I expected, I didn’t receive any phone call during my stay.

Mar 12th 2018, I drove to this hotel again, and in order not to waste my time, I called them 30mins before I arrive, but I still waited at the lobby for another 30 - 40 mins.

Results:

The negotiation was absolutely UNPLEASANT, and I don’t think they are truly sorry for that. After I tried to contact the hotel for 3 months, they told me that after 2 months, they will discard the item, and they don’t think they can find it anymore. However, I already made several phone calls beforehand and I talked to different front desk staffs, but they never mentioned their names. Besides, I left my information many times, and I gave my information to the guest relation manager personally on Mar 10th, but the guest relation manager asked my information AGAIN!

If they didn’t have the shirt, they could just tell me at the first time. If they do have the shirt, why they need me to call them this many times instead of shipping to me in first two months.

What this hotel has done is not only time consuming, but also waste of money!

Worst of all, after I had spent 2 hours with them arguing about the issue, they still didn’t guarantee ANYTHING!!!!!

Room Tip: better choices nearby
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I stayed for 3 nights for a conference. Room was good, amenities excellent, restful sleep was possible. The staff were courteous. They offered hot chocolate at night and some good wine early in the evening. i used neither but saw lot of guests enjoy the offer. I would prefer more and better tea choices in the room. currently they have very limited tea options and mainly offer coffee---I suppose catering to the majority. A few Darjeeling tea bags ought to redress this. the staff was always courteous and helpful.

Stayed: March 2018
Pete S, Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Greetings Mukund T,
Thank you for your excellent review and recommendation, we truly appreciate your patronage. Thank you for also sharing your insight and feedback about our amenity offering, we are always looking for ways to improve the experience of our guests. If you let us know when to expect you for future stays we will be sure to have Darjeeling tea waiting in the room for you!
Very Truly Yours,

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Love Stanford Park! No area needs improvement...however, pillows need to be firm for my family. We probably just needed to request them, but didn't. Cleanliness outstanding, bar & restaurant outstanding, location outstanding...can you tell that I love this hotel? Yes, pricey...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pete S, Manager at Stanford Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you juliane2018! I am so happy to see you had a great stay, we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We love staying at the Stanford Park Hotel when we visit the Peninsula. It is comfortable and well-located, and has everything you need to feel at home but pampered too. The rooms are generously sized, and all facilities (restaurant, etc.) are fine.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear ksjones6,
Thank you for sharing your amazing experience! We hope to welcome you back for another visit soon!
Thanks,

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Beautiful neighborhood, close to Stanford Medical center and Stanford shopping center. We were visiting a loved one in the hospital and it was a perfect two night stay. The hotel has a restaurant, cocktail lounge and a shuttle service.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Maria L.
Thank you for your lovely review. I am so glad that we were able to provide a comfortable environment while you were visiting your family at Stanford, we always do our best to take care of our guests who are visiting loved ones.
With Warmest Regards,