All reviews fire pit stanford university palo alto nice firepit huge hot tub silicon valley small fitness room soft towels nice bedding frequent traveler hip hotel modern amenities uber ride starbucks coffee nice size five nights free breakfast is
Reviewed 20 September 2018

I've been staying here during business trips over the last 3 years - usually a week at a time. The location is great in Menlo Park as it's walking distance to the Caltrain station along with other shops and restaurants.

The staff is superb. My most recent trip stood out as a reason to write this review. The staff accommodated a spur of the moment room change without question early in the morning. It was incredibly painless and they made clear that my experience mattered. I was very appreciative of how quickly and painless this was.

In addition, there's breakfast every morning to kick start your day. I would recommend this spot to anybody who needs a place in Menlo Park.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2018

For nearly two years, I was commuting to Silicon Valley for my job and averaged 2-4 nights per week. At first, I tried Airbnbs which were less expensive. And then I found Hotel Lucent. It is clean, smartly appointed, and the service is AMAZING! I got to know Gary Sterman the manager who would make sure I had what I needed when I was travelling alone - or when my husband joined. Clearly, he leads the team as everyone from Mitchell in charge of breakfast to other managers and the cleaning teams were so gracious. And helpful. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in the Menlo Park area. And if you return frequently, you might get on the board in the office as a special regular visitor. Gary is nicely engaging with customers, not intrusive, yet very warm. He remembers you and your story. When I retired from my job, he had champagne on ice with a note in my room for my husband and me. That is not what I might have expected when I first started staying there. He and his staff made returning such a joy!!!

Room Tip: Room 213 has a sitting room. Some rooms face the street and might be a bit nosier. No elevator so first floor....very secure hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Wonderful stay in a great, relaxing hotel, with friendly staff and an overall easy-going atmosphere. Nice breakfast, lovely courtyard layout that obscures any possible noise from being close to the road. Great lane pool/jacuzzi and comfortable, clean room.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Hotel Lucent creates a comfortable respite from a busy world. The staff makes every effort to accommodate customer’s requests. The location is centrally located to main highways, area attractions and lovely restaurants. The decor is modern but calming. It continues to be our “go-to” location when visiting the area.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Chose this hotel due to location. I grew up in the area and am impressed by how nicely updated, though I never visited it when it was the “mermaid inn”.
Next to Safeway - not the best grocery store but is acceptable. Must visit the adjacent Cook’s seafood for great fish and chips.
This hotel is well laid out: nice courtyard, spa and lobby. Rooms are open and clean. nice deep bathtubs. tight parking lot but not impossible to navigate. Breakfast is very nice: fresh fruit, naked juice, nice coffee machine.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
hotellucentmenlopark, General Manager at Hotel Lucent, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Mai,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I am glad that you too love Cook's Seafood as much as we do! Cod, calamari and ciopppino are must haves!

We appreciate hearing from all of our guests, especially those with roots in the area. Please be sure to say hello to me next time you are visiting.

Warm regards,