All reviews fire pit stanford university starbucks coffee machine huge hot tub silicon valley palo alto caltrain station no elevator stay there again nice size boutique hotel common areas front desk person convenient location free breakfast nice breakfast hot breakfast
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a suite room with an extra sofa bed for five nights during a trip to see our daughter who lives 10 min away. Hotel was picked because it was the closest to her apartment and had an extra sofa bed for our son.

Apparently there was a big convention in town so prices were nearly double the average rate for first few nights.

This is an old style motel that has been updated. It’s cute but obviously was done on a budget. It met our needs.

Pros

1 Bed was comfy

2 Our room near the back was fairly quiet except for one night when the hall behind the hotel was rented for a party but they did shut down about 11

3 Parking was always available

4 The Internet worked well

5 Breakfast was actually very good and had lots of items available. Coffee machine is awesome.

6 Room was clean. Housekeeping was friendly

7 Staff were helpful and polite

Cons: This is a very expensive area. Given that plus the in town convention, I won’t say we got a good deal but I guess it’s all relative. Now that I’ve visited the area and have seen some other hotels, I might check those out if I return.

This is not a luxury hotel (despite the price) but I can tell they’ve tried to cater to what people really need which is a good bed, quiet, Internet, breakfast. It would’ve been nice if they’d use higher quality materials for the interior finishes.

We enjoyed our stay overall.

Please ditch that 150 pound sliding bathroom door with the inch gaps on the sides. It came off the rails and is just a ridiculous contraption.

Trip type: Travelled with family
hotellucentmenlopark, General Manager at Hotel Lucent, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Shan262,

Thank your for your detailed review of Hotel Lucent. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel in general, aside from the bathroom's 'barn door'. You are correct that our prices are high due to high occupancy, especially mid-week. Rates are very reasonable on weekends and Sundays and we offer discounts based on how long you are staying.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Friendly staff and great breakfast. Great location, near Stanford. Very nice place, great smores by the fire and fun in the pool. Next time I am in the area I will stay again. We enjoyed the variety at breakfast and would enjoy it next time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear 682craigj,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. S'mores have been a nice addition to our weekends and we are testing out new recipes that add a fun twist to the traditional chocolate and marshmallow. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast and our location to Stanford.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Gary was amazing from start to finish in making this special weekend even better! He engaged with the fun and made sure the details were followed through. The room was spacious and quiet ( a big deal for us) with a comfortable bed and pillows, and the birthday snacks and balloon added to the celebration! The social nature of the common spaces and facilities worked really well for us and the breakfast was really well done. Thank you!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Pam,

Thank you so much for the kind words about Graham's special occasion. I enjoyed preparing for your husband's birthday and could not have done so without your input. The staff got a kick out of it and especially liked your sense of humor about 'Bob'.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to your daughter, or next special occasion!

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Ridiculous price for basically a remodeled Motel-6. The rooms are noisy - you can hear the street noise all night long. There is no elevator so arrive prepared to haul your luggage up a flight of stairs (there is no bell service either).

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Tammy,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Hotel Lucent. I would love to hear more about your stay so we too can learn about your experience . Past rush hour, and aside from the occasional Lamborghini at 3am, the area is very quiet.

I was working all the days you stayed and I believe I checked you in. I apologize for not offering to assist you with bags as all the staff are trained to do. I have personally carried dozens of bags/thousands of pounds, up and down our stairs so our staff can focus on giving excellent service we are known for.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss this further.

gary.sterman@hotellucent.com

Reviewed 29 July 2018

My stay was great! The room was big and spacious and had a nice welcoming feel to it after a long day of meetings and work. I would definitely choose to stay here again, if ever I need to in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled on business