All reviews fire pit stanford university starbucks coffee machine huge hot tub palo alto silicon valley caltrain station no elevator nice breakfast stay there again walking distance nice size common areas boutique hotel front desk person convenient location free breakfast
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Friendly staff and great breakfast. Great location, near Stanford. Very nice place, great smores by the fire and fun in the pool. Next time I am in the area I will stay again. We enjoyed the variety at breakfast and would enjoy it next time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
hotellucentmenlopark, General Manager at Hotel Lucent, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear 682craigj,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. S'mores have been a nice addition to our weekends and we are testing out new recipes that add a fun twist to the traditional chocolate and marshmallow. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast and our location to Stanford.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Gary was amazing from start to finish in making this special weekend even better! He engaged with the fun and made sure the details were followed through. The room was spacious and quiet ( a big deal for us) with a comfortable bed and pillows, and the birthday snacks and balloon added to the celebration! The social nature of the common spaces and facilities worked really well for us and the breakfast was really well done. Thank you!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Pam,

Thank you so much for the kind words about Graham's special occasion. I enjoyed preparing for your husband's birthday and could not have done so without your input. The staff got a kick out of it and especially liked your sense of humor about 'Bob'.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to your daughter, or next special occasion!

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Ridiculous price for basically a remodeled Motel-6. The rooms are noisy - you can hear the street noise all night long. There is no elevator so arrive prepared to haul your luggage up a flight of stairs (there is no bell service either).

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Tammy,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Hotel Lucent. I would love to hear more about your stay so we too can learn about your experience . Past rush hour, and aside from the occasional Lamborghini at 3am, the area is very quiet.

I was working all the days you stayed and I believe I checked you in. I apologize for not offering to assist you with bags as all the staff are trained to do. I have personally carried dozens of bags/thousands of pounds, up and down our stairs so our staff can focus on giving excellent service we are known for.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss this further.

gary.sterman@hotellucent.com

Reviewed 29 July 2018

My stay was great! The room was big and spacious and had a nice welcoming feel to it after a long day of meetings and work. I would definitely choose to stay here again, if ever I need to in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Over priced for the hotel aminties and service. It is a motel with vous bottled water that I ended up paying a lot for. Also housekeeping was done by 4 pm, breakfast area smelled of eggs. Parking was tight and narrow.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Kalkha,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. I apologize if you did not find our lodging sufficient. I am curious about the Voss water comment as we have never charged for water in the 3 years we have served it. Unlike most hotels, it is complementary and we replace it as needed. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can look at your folio for any 'water charge'.