Rosewood Sand Hill
Red Cottage Inn(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 191
US$ 170
Hotel Lucent(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 279
Hotels.com
Menlo Park Inn(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 192
US$ 268
Stanford Park Hotel(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 377
Hotel Nia(Menlo Park)
US$ 376
US$ 339
Stanford Inn(Menlo Park)
US$ 200
Residence Inn Palo Alto Menlo Park(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$ 391
US$ 313
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Keen(Palo Alto)
US$ 262
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssilicon valleypalo altostanford universitywalk in closetroom servicefour seasonsthe santa cruz mountainsswim lapsamazing spamain buildingbeautiful propertypool areabath saltsrooms are spaciousbusiness and pleasurepublic spaceshotel guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2018

The only room offered was a suite. I was hosting my wife and sister for a getaway. The suite did not have two comparable beds only one king and one queen. The suite was cold and the heater did not work. I was disappointed there was not adequate prior inspection of the suite to assure the temperature was adequate. It WAS a chilly couple of days, but all the more reason the staff should have assured a comfortable environment.

Room Tip: Order when you decide. It cost $500 MORE a night to book one day later. Perhaps all that was available was a suite, but it should have been prepared properly.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Sharon C, Director of Sales at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Mr. Hoogasian, Thank you very much for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. It was our pleasure having your wife and sister with us at Rosewood Sand Hill. I am deeply sorry to hear that your wife and sister did not enjoy their stay with us. I have shared this information with the rest of our team and we will work to ensure that this does not occur again. We would love to invite them both back to stay with us so please reach out to my Front Office Manager, Brenda Hernandez at 650-561-1572 who will be more than happy to book a reservation for them and ensure their stay is the true Rosewood experience.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

I had a great stay at the Rosewood! The staff, service and the accommodations were great...

Until, I went to drive home and found my license plate on my hood and my front bumper smashed in. I saw a red pickup truck operated by a staff member speeding away.

The Rosewood insurance claims they are not at fault for accidents on their property, which I understand and I didn’t see the actual hit and run, so I cannot hold them accountable.

However, it is absolutely deplorable that a 5 Star hotel is knowledgeable about a felony that occurs on their property to one of their guests and cannot provide enough video evidence to the police for them to make an arrest.

It is blatant negligence to not know who is on your property and when a felony happens, to not have enough security cameras to understand who committed it. You have to have cameras monitoring the license plates of cars coming and going.

I am disgusted by their handling of this incident.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brian W
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Although expensive, the service and food at Rosewood was impressive. The restaurant staff was outstanding. The bar area was a bit run down and dirty. The room was lovely, and the bathroom very spacious. The TV channels were limiting and we weren't able to watch the Warriors game.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Sharon C, Director of Sales at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Dear 689kendrag,

Thank you for your candid feedback and for the opportunity to improve our services. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood Sand Hill.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Just off the 280 freeway, but feels like a haven nestled in the woods. We checked in around sunset, and were treated to a spectacular show. Too bad it was too chilly to sit outside on our porch to take in the view. We had a Deluxe King room which was very spacious and quiet, with so many amenities: slippers, robes, a backlit walk-in closet, an enormous bathroom with every luxury: separate soaking tub, a rainfall shower head, turndown service which included a truly delicious chocolate for each of us, extremely professional and high quality service. There was even free electric car recharging, and plenty of stations for it. Then there's the on-site Michelin-starred restaurant, which cannot be missed. A real treat and indulgence.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JenTravels808
Avi H, Manager at Rosewood Sand Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear JenTravels808,

Thank you for your kind feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Rosewood Sand Hill.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Driving past this lovely hotel for years on my way to Stanford Mall or Stanford University I never realized this incredible gem nestled in the heart of Silicon Valley. It was not until a friend recommended the hotel for cocktails, and not until I was following my trusty google driving directions that I realized where it was.

Upon entry the restaurant in the Rosewood Sand hill is precious. Elegant art, with the unique design at every turn. Not only is there a five-star restaurant and ambient bar in the hotel, but they also have a renowned Spa with meditative surroundings.

Come experience for yourself the elegance of the Rosewood, and you are in for a treat.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends