Blackberry Inn(Mendocino)(Great Value!)
US$ 250
Hotels.com
Heritage House Resort(Little River)
US$ 465
US$ 392
The Heritage House
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$ 143
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$ 227
HIExpress.com
Emerald Dolphin Inn & Mini Golf(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$ 231
Super 8 by Wyndham Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$ 183
Seabird Lodge - a Signature Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
US$ 192
US$ 186
Motel 6 Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)
US$ 175
Ebb Tide Lodge(Fort Bragg)
US$ 158
All reviewstv showin townsliding glass doormendocino hotelroom was largebit datedwithin easy walking distancemain buildingvictorian stylegas fireplaceroad tripfort braggmurderoceancoastdogcemetery
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Room Tip: Stay in a Motel 6 for better quality. Or go camping in one of the beautiful state parks in Mendocino. I've stayed in some flea-bag hotels, but this one takes the prize because they're soooo dishonest about it. This place actually had centipedes falling from the bathroom air vent on our heads while we sat on the john! There's no manager on duty, so don't bother asking for one. The "towels" are torn dirty rags. If you have a coupon or a Groupon and you call for a reservation and they tell you that they're fully booked except for a way more expensive room, don't believe it for a second! In short, go to a Motel 6 before you try this place, and if Hill House is the last place with an available room, go camping.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SFTheaterDistrict
Reviewed 22 May 2012

. I used a groupon for a two night stay, ocean view, wine, and breakfast. I brought my daughter, and grand daughter with me. we all enjoyed the stay. the staff were very nice and helpful i felt that this was not like a big hotel, but like a more family run place. which i enjoyed. yes it is an older place but part of the charm..

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank BRENDA U
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My lovely wife and I just returned home from a two night stay at the Hill House Inn, Mendocino Ca. The Rooms were clean and our ocean view was great, the staff were wonderful knowledgable especially Kathy. I met Kathy this morning, she was very gracious and personable as we talked about the local interest in the area. Kathy spoke of wonderful eateries and points of interests. Her mannerism was warm and accommodating which made it a pleasure to of met her. I must say the rooms are dated but very comfortable. We are looking forward to our next trip to the coast which will include a stay at the Hill Top Inn. I want to Thank the staff (especially Kathy) for their contribution to our wonderful stay in Mendocino!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The staff were nice and helpful. The grounds were beautiful and kept up well. Rooms were clean but older - could use a refresh and new comforters. Location great - we are walkers so walked to ocean and into town multiple times.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Kat S
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We bought a 2 night stay (ocean view room w/king bed and free wine) on Groupon for $165 - the pics on Groupon were great (only to find out later they are the view from their sister hotel). We should have checked Yelp prior to purchasing this trip; for that I blame myself, but only partly.

When we booked the trip, Paul at the front desk was a pleasure to deal with via phone and in person. I explained my wife and I would be traveling for her birthday. Kathy at the front desk was also amazing - we spoke only through email but she embodied all that is great customer service. Unfortunately that can't be stated for the entire staff. Menthie, also at the front desk, was very short and rude - not only in email but in person. I had contacted the hotel to book a couples massage prior to the trip and although was told by Kathy it had been booked, Menthie later told be that was not the case and was very direct/rude.

When we arrived we realized the hotel was much older than we had assumed - the decor was very 1980's and the hall of fame picture wall in the front hallway had every cast member from Murder She Wrote with signed pics; apparently this hotel was the backdrop for Cabot Cove on the show. And no updates/upgrades had been done since the 80's unfortunately.

We checked in and it was going well until a gal behind the desk, who was on the computer, mentioned we got the massages I was told we could not book - I said thank you and was happy to hear it, to which she sighed and rolled her eyes, the entire time being very rude. I asked if she was Kathy, who I'd had a great email interaction with, and she said no that she was Menthie. Strike 2. Obviously her email skills were a direct reflection of her poor customer service skills after all. At this point I also suspected the reason for Menthie's rudeness may have been because we are a lesbian couple.

We went to our room and were in shock - the decor was every type of flowered wallpaper, carpet and picture you can imagine. None of it matched and it was quite old. The bathroom was old and surfaces, fixtures were very worn. The Bed was hard as a rock and had 2 imprints in it as if the mattress had never been flipped. The view was of the ocean, after you got past the parking lot and looked to the right. The towels were not white, but grey, which we noticed the next morning. Had we not checked in late we would have moved hotels that night.

The next day we figured we'd make the best of it and go up the coast - as it was approaching the time for our massage I called to see what the cancellation policy was in case we did not make it back in time, fully expecting to pay the entire amount if we missed the time. Once again I had to deal with Menthie, who scolded us for even inquiring what the cancellation policy was and at that point I was already on their website looking up the manager. At the same time, Kathy, who must have overheard the exchange with Menthie, emailed me trying to accommodate a later massage time. I thanked her for her help and asked for the manager's contact info. She offered up the manager's cell phone - a gal named Jamie. I called Jamie and left a message and Jamie called back a few moments later. While Jamie was very kind and nice on the phone, she never truly apologized for Menthie and our experience, but rather chalked it up to her being newer. When I mentioned my worry that I felt like Menthie was being homophobic she laughed it off but said good to know. She also never offered to do anything to make up for our experience. At that point it was time for our massage - which was great.

After that we ate and then noticed our room had several ants in addition to several barking dogs in rooms next to us. At that point we packed up our things and checked out, going to another property - Sweetwater Inn - which was amazing.

Unless you cannot really afford to stay anywhere else in Mendocino I would never recommend staying here. Ever.

When we checked out early the gal at the desk, Arla, was very sweet and nice and tried to accommodate us but at this point it was too late and we explained why. She seemed sincere and was very upset that we'd been treated the way we had - but not shocked. That says something.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple