“Professional is all ways”

Blue Waters Kayaking
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Marshall
More attraction details
Owner description: Just an hour north of San Francisco in the Point Reyes National Seashore, wilderness kayaking experiences await you. Our Inverness site on Tomales Bay is a short paddle from pristine beaches and protected waters where unspoiled nature and wildlife viewing abound. Naturalist-led tours, oyster tours, overnight camping, events and parties for individuals and companies, weeklong youth camps, beginning and advanced classes are just a few of our offerings. Take a break from "civilization" and explore the natural world with us by kayak. Since 1984 Blue Waters has also led trips to Baja, Mexico including Sea of Cortez island expeditions and incredible whale watching from Laguna San Ignacio base camp.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I rebooked the bioluminescent tour as they had deemed the first date less than ideal. I felt safety was foremost on the minds of the guides. Jeff, who has been with the company many years, provided a great intro to paddling on dry land. Liz provided us with life jackets, kayak skirts and a rain jacket before getting into our double kayaks. During the paddling we would "raft up" and learn history and wildlife information. Plenty of time in the bioluminescent areas. I felt cared for and educated. A blast!

All reviews
"instructions"
in 6 reviews
"sparks"

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Blue Waters Kayaking gave me the best possible intro to SUPing. I had a private instructor who was amazingly attentive and patient (Jeff was his name I think) and he made me a fan of that new sport in a few hours. I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you BWK!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

It was awesome!
I've never been kayaking before, but the tour guides were all super friendly and helpful with giving a brief run down on how to kayak and rounding us up. Jeffrey, the asian dude, was my tour guide and he was really awesome. Nice guy, easy to talk to, and eager to inform us of the fun facts while we kayak and stuff.

The view though...I did not expect the night sky to be full of so many stars. You can get a perfect view of the stars and the milk way. And the bioluminescence was nothing short of magical. It was like light inside the water, like in a movie or an anime. Definitely gonna book another trip next year when I get the chance. I can't recommend them enough. Do the bioluminescence night tour, for sure.

...Umm..I should note a few tips though:
1. Do NOT bring your cell phone. Honestly it gets too dark to take any pictures or videos so it's not worth. Also, it is very possible for your phone to fall into the water, so don't do it.
2. Dress in a hoody and sweatpants or something. Do NOT dress fancy. I was on a tour with a dude and what seemed to be his date. She was dressed in some nice shoes that got muddy and stuff. Do not recommend. Wear wet-resistant boots or somethings.
3. Wear wet-resistant boots. Rainboots or whatever.
4. Bring cash-money for parking. Dolla dolla bills, don't do 20s. Only 5s and 1s. I forgot how much parking is. I think it was like $10? Don't remember. Probably best to bring like 2 $5s and $1s
5. Date-night: Great idea. Let them know to dress in sweats and rainboots. Just...do it. Trust.
6. If you don't know how to kayak, they teach you. If you don't know how to swim, they strap you in life-jacket, so you float instead of drown. Neat.
They rent out a kayak for you and a wet suit. Oh, I should mention, it's pretty clean, so no worries.
7. Have fun, dress warm. Don't bring your cell phone. Bring Cash-Money for parking.

1  Thank Alan L
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Last night (12/8/17) we went on a night paddle in Tomales Bay to see marine phosphorescence. We left at sunset and paddled out into the changing sky and water. As dark fell we trailed our hands in the water and watched sparks unfurl from our fingers. The Milky Way glowed overhead.

Periodically the guide had us link our kayaks together while he dispensed interesting facts. He has an impressive body of knowledge and was able to answer all my questions in detail. Sometimes he encouraged us to just sit quietly and appreciate the tranquility of our surroundings. These quiet times were some of my favorite parts of the trip.

On the dark ocean you lose your depth perception. It feels like you’re sitting still and things are moving around you. It’s otherworldly, in a serene way. The only sounds were the watery rhythm of the paddles and small noises from various land animals. I’ve never done anything like this. It was magical.

My only criticism about this trip is that the second guide dispensed information almost constantly. He had a customer in his boat and was pleasantly entertaining her, but his voice really carried. For me at least, this disturbed the serenity of the experience somewhat. Both guides were very competent and they obviously love their work. I felt completely safe at all times.

Before you go, carefully read the instructions and wear warm clothes, preferably wool or poly-pro.